ADVERTISEMENT

Sobering realization as an out of state fan

RebelEagle1848

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2018
NY
I’ll preface this by saying I love the Rebs about as much as anyone. I had season tickets when I lived in Oxford and tailgated in the grove. I now live in the north country region of NY state. I’ve got a week off work for the weekend of the LSU game and thought I might see if I could go. I looked at prices and was shocked. I make a decent enough living, but this is just ridiculous. I could take my family of 3 on an all inclusive cruise to Bermuda for a week or to Disney easily for a week for these prices.

Two queens at the graduate were listed for $3500. I know it’s a nice place on the square, but holy crap, that’s just for two nights. 3 tickets on the 20 yard line of the away sideline would put me back $450. Airfare would run $1200 from Syracuse to Memphis with us traveling at inconvenient times to save $ and car rental would put me at $200.

Anyway, I realize that I will probably never attend a sec matchup in Oxford with my family ever again, and it kind of bums me out. No way I’m going to pick a sec weekend in Oxford for the price of a week long premium vacation.

Side note, who tf are you lords and ladies paying $3500 a for the weekend to stay at the graduate. That’s just for 2 nights in a double queen!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.