ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts

greb25

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2020
First off I don’t care who you’re playing… to shut out a P5 team on the road is incredible. Defense looks legit.

Let’s get this out of the way. Dart is the QB. Period. He’s thrown 2 picks on like 70 attempts across 3 games. Okay? It happens. That’s not terrible for a young QB in a new offense. People on this board are being way too damn hard on him. He’s 19!! A lot of those same people are like “THIS is why Kiffin don’t trust him, what a terrible mistake!!!” blah blah blah when he does something wrong. Then he goes and shows elite arm talent and makes a play that makes you say “damn wow” and those same people don’t say anything. People are picking him apart way too much. He hasn’t been as bad as some people try to say. When they let him consistently throw the ball after half time he started rolling. They should have done that earlier instead of being so run heavy when the game was already in hand. I hated the play calls.

RB’s are elite. Duh. We all know that. Depth is really damn good across the team.

Looking around the league, who can we not beat? Alabama smoked ULM but Young didn’t look great today. Threw for 236 and 2 picks. He’s good though, obviously, my point is I guess something just seems “off” with Alabama. Outside of Gibbs who’s a RB, Alabama didn’t have a WR going over 60 yards. That’s weird for them especially against a team like ULM. They had a pick 6, a punt return for a TD, and a blocked punt that they ran in for a TD. That’s 21 points by special teams and a pick 6, which is good, but stuff you’re usually not going to get against average to better SEC teams.

After watching MSU and LSU, we can beat both of those teams. We’ve shown we can. Will we? Who knows. But if we played either team tomorrow we’d be favored. Hell is Alabama the only team on our schedule we wouldn’t be favored against right now?

I still need to see more from KY. They’ve struggled in both of their cupcake games and beat a UF team that was likely overrated after beating Utah who was one play away from beating UF. UF is also struggling with S Florida right now I know they’re good and we better be ready to play, but it’s definitely a game we can win.

Arkansas is currently in the 4th quarter against MO ST and are losing 24-17. They are beatable 100%. Nothing they’ve done this year has scared me enough to think they are better than last year. They are either the same or a little worse.

A&M who knows? Some games they look like a playoff team, some games they look like Vanderbilt. They are talented obviously. We will see how they look with Johnson.

Auburn… I will throw my living room table through my TV if we lose to them this year. They are terrible.

I still stand with we are an 9-3 team. I can’t realistically go higher mainly because of how the schedule sets up but we are really good. The Kentucky game will tell us a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.