ADVERTISEMENT

State of the Program

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
Did anyone read "State of the Program" on the home page? That line "criticism and doubt will be a long way coming (something like that) . . . '' really is bothersome. I see it as an overreaction to a loss against a great team that was ready. And that these 3rd down issues we have cannot be overcome is implied. They can be! Anyone get the same impression? So negative IMO. Injuries abound, sure, but to imply we can't overcome them and the "it's all over" attitude this article condones is certainly unwarranted. Or maybe I'm overreacting it's true-we are screwed!

Last edited:
We won't know if "we are screwed" for three or four more games. Freeze said it early on, that the only ranking that counts is the ranking after the last game of the season has been played. There are just so many varables, injuries being the big one. Then there are the discipline issues, academic issues, emotional issues with family and girlfriends, NCAA (no one could have guessed what happened with Tunsil) then there is just plain luck. However, injuries are a fact of life in college football but every team has the same problems. When two or three of your best players are out you are a different team. "TEAM"is the operative word. It takes all eleven players doing everything right all the time to be a champion. One player on one play can be the difference in winning or losing. Other teams could start losing players for various reasons which gives them weaknesses to exploit. Alabama, Vanderbilt and Florida caused some long term damage and they will cause damage to other teams and they will incur damage. There are a lot of games to be played this season. It is very likely that no team will be as good at the end of the season as they were in the beginning. We got banged up early but the others will experience much the same going forward. We are not screwed, yet!

Reactions: Beatlesreb
I think one of the biggest attributes of Coach Freeze is his ability to instill resiliency in the team.....I reference last years Egg Bowl after being annihilated in Fayattteville.

I certainly think we have enough depth and talent on this team to not only bounce back but also make a run for the West. If we can make our O line functional, not great but just functional, we have the talent to win a lot of ball games.

I think one of the biggest attributes of Coach Freeze is his ability to instill resiliency in the team.....I reference last years Egg Bowl after being annihilated in Fayattteville.

I certainly think we have enough depth and talent on this team to not only bounce back but also make a run for the West. If we can make our O line functional, not great but just functional, we have the talent to win a lot of ball games.
Right, but articles like this and other comments imply that we are doomed. I am sure other great teams have their share of bad luck, but as you correctly pointed out Coach Freeze has shown resiliency. Maybe I am naive and going out on a limb. Please tell me so if I am. I remain optimistic.

We won't know if "we are screwed" for three or four more games. Freeze said it early on, that the only ranking that counts is the ranking after the last game of the season has been played. There are just so many varables, injuries being the big one. Then there are the discipline issues, academic issues, emotional issues with family and girlfriends, NCAA (no one could have guessed what happened with Tunsil) then there is just plain luck. However, injuries are a fact of life in college football but every team has the same problems. When two or three of your best players are out you are a different team. "TEAM"is the operative word. It takes all eleven players doing everything right all the time to be a champion. One player on one play can be the difference in winning or losing. Other teams could start losing players for various reasons which gives them weaknesses to exploit. Alabama, Vanderbilt and Florida caused some long term damage and they will cause damage to other teams and they will incur damage. There are a lot of games to be played this season. It is very likely that no team will be as good at the end of the season as they were in the beginning. We got banged up early but the others will experience much the same going forward. We are not screwed, yet!
Truly appreciate your post and well stated!

Just to follow up on comments above. This last week Georgia lost their important running back. Today we learned that Fla. has lost their QB. This will continue. We are no screwed, yet!

Just to follow up on comments above. This last week Georgia lost their important running back. Today we learned that Fla. has lost their QB. This will continue. We are no screwed, yet!
Just to clear things up neither of those teams really have anything to do with us winning the west. We had to win all our games but the Florida one, before and after we played them.

Didn't you lose LaQuan to a freak injury last year against aubarn? Might not want to tempt karma...

We can't anticipate injuries or PEDs. Yes, you're right. What gets me is why do these players get into so much trouble after earning a scholarship. Even our guy, Tunsil and then FL's Grier. Everything is provided for you-food, a place to sleep, folks who appreciate you, etc. Maybe I am naive, but damn!

A lot of these talented players have never been told "NO". Because they were hero's in High School they could get away with things others could not. Many have had little or no discipline growing up. Then they get into a college program with strict rules, drug testing, Academic requirements, ect. but they still think they can get away with anything. Many accept scholarships simply because they want to play football and get a shot at the NFL and could care less about getting an education or playing by the rules. Even tho less than 1% of college players make it into the NFL. I heard Saban give a talk to a quarterback club where he said that discipline is a huge challenge for coaches because a lot of these players have never been told no and could care less if they were.

A lot of these talented players have never been told "NO". Because they were hero's in High School they could get away with things others could not. Many have had little or no discipline growing up. Then they get into a college program with strict rules, drug testing, Academic requirements, ect. but they still think they can get away with anything. Many accept scholarships simply because they want to play football and get a shot at the NFL and could care less about getting an education or playing by the rules. Even tho less than 1% of college players make it into the NFL. I heard Saban give a talk to a quarterback club where he said that discipline is a huge challenge for coaches because a lot of these players have never been told no and could care less if they were.
Yep. That's what I thought. Add to that the pressure to win, and ignore character. Would like to think Coach Freeze is beyond that. We've only had Tunsil who created an uproar as our only problem. While at Ole Miss in the late '80s, I tutored football players. They seemed to care. Mark Young was a guy I dealt with in Psychology. A good guy! Not sure what's going on now.

He is still butthurt cause Massie dissed bamer on NSD and Conner flipped after he realized it was all smoke and mirrors

And IIRC, Tunsil flipped from Georgia to Ole Miss right before NSD as well, didn't he?

All coincidences, of course that 5-star recruits flip from 5-star programs like Alabama and Georgia right before NSD to sign with.........Ole Miss.

Nothing out of sorts here LMAO!

Bobby Massey? Tony Connor?

Albert Means? You cheating little Bammer crybaby! 43-37! [roll]

tears.png

I have till first of the year on my membership. Betting this will be a one and done event. No controls over problem children and we need you to keep paying for this.

I have till first of the year on my membership. Betting this will be a one and done event. No controls over problem children and we need you to keep paying for this.

Buddy, this is the open board...You might consider staying on the premium board while little Bammer crybaby Ghost of Douche Nozzle is allowed to post. Just a suggestion, of course do what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: roby0111
Buddy, this is the open board...You might consider staying on the premium board while little Bammer crybaby Ghost of Douche Nozzle is allowed to post. Just a suggestion, of course do what you want.
Thanks for your suggestion it is noted. So open board means your cool to spew profanity and pick fights. I guess I will spend my time elsewhere. Like most things in life people scream freedom of speech and over look just good common sense. Acting like a spoiled brat hiding behind a computer screen and cursing all the time is the new norm. I guess I just will have to be the odd man out. Enjoy

Thanks for your suggestion it is noted. So open board means your cool to spew profanity and pick fights. I guess I will spend my time elsewhere. Like most things in life people scream freedom of speech and over look just good common sense. Acting like a spoiled brat hiding behind a computer screen and cursing all the time is the new norm. I guess I just will have to be the odd man out. Enjoy
C'mon, I for one enjoy your posts. Hang in there!

Although Ghost is over the top with his antics, a little flaming from a rival fan is somewhat amusing to me, and expected periodically on the open forum. There's no reason to get bent out of shape over foolishness on a message board. It will pass. Ghost should have been banned long ago. I guess the site is on autopilot.

Last edited:

Welcome to the internet.

Thanks!! I should know better than to let someone bother me like. I like discussing and reading comments on my team so I guess I will just put on my big boy pants and ignore the rest.

Thanks!! I should know better than to let someone bother me like. I like discussing and reading comments on my team so I guess I will just put on my big boy pants and ignore the rest.

There are other sites out there that are moderated better and you will find as much if not more information. They won't let us post them here but if you message me i'll give you the links.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT