Errol Robinson INF Hyannis (Cape Cod)
Wyatt Short RHP Falmouth (Cape Cod)
JB Woodman OF Falmouth (Cape Cod)
Will Golsan INF Baltimore (Cal Ripken)
Nic Perkins C Baltimore (Cal Ripken)
Will Stokes RHP Baltimore (Cal Ripken)
Joe Wainhouse 1B Anchorage (Alaska)
Kyle Watson INF Anchorage (Alaska)
Henri Lartigue C Brazos Valley (Texas Collegiate)
Michael Fitzsimmons INF Albany (Perfect Game Collegiate)

I think some these places really fit what the players need to work on this summer before next season with the Rebels.

With the Cape Cod guys, Errol Robinson, JB Woodman and Colby Bortles are all going to see a lot of velocity and a lot of good pitching this summer, and that’s important as they’ll be needed to carry a lot of the lineup next season. Tate Blackman needs some things to go well, so he’s the interesting one in that segment to me. A wood bat and a lot of prospects make for a tough go for hitters sometimes.

Wyatt Short gets to put himself in front of scouts everyday, and Evan Anderson can go work on refining his secondary stuff and just logging more innings. There’s the skill there to take a jump, but it needs to be now.

Will Golsan and Nic Perkins are in the Cal Ripken League with Will Stokes. Stokes, like Anderson, needs innings and some polish. Golsan can keep getting infield reps, and Perkins will get to see how he does catching against solid competition. He’ll have a chance to win the job against Henri Lartigue and presumably Nick Fortes next season.

Kyle Watson and Joe Wainhouse are in Alaska, and this might be the combination that shapes Ole Miss’ 2016 season. Watson is going to Alaska so he can play shortstop everyday. He’s been serviceable in the outfield — and made SportsCenter Tuesday — but his future is in the infield, in my opinion. He needs to go swing freely and keep playing shortstop. He’s a freak of an athlete and is my sleeper to be a high draft pick before his college career is finished.

I miss on some, but I pegged Wainhouse correctly. He has goofy raw power, but there’s so much swing and miss. There are some similarities to Sikes Orvis in 2012, but there’s more power and more misses. It’s a key summer for him to develop a better approach. The Rebels need him next season.

Lartigue has the ability and can really swing it, but he struggled to bounce back from early adversity. He’s the favorite to catch next season, so he needs a good summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News