ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday was my 1st Ole Miss baseball game since 1984...

FairviewReb

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2013
Back then it was wooden bleachers and maybe 50-100 people at the games I went to see. None of us really watched either, because the team absolutely sucked. We were just hanging out with friends and drinking some PBR figuring out which bar we might hit later for Happy Hour. Literally would just walk through an unattended gate during the middle of a game.

To say I couldn't have picked a better time to watch a game in person AGAIN would be the understatement of the century. We thought about going to the Saturday game, but trying to get everything coordinated was just too much in such a short time. Plus, I kinda figured Hunter would be starting game 2 and felt we would have a really good chance of winning that game. Of course, the icing on the cake would be..."what if we actually did STEAL Game 1". Then we'd have a chance to actually watch Ole Miss play for a Natty. Neither of us actually believed that could happen, but...it is so nice to dream!!!!!!!

The feelings I had during the game were simply surreal. Then, when Brandon got the K to end the game, I just had years of Rebel disappointment lifted from my shoulders. The absolute best part...after all the high fives...was turning to my son and us giving each other a GREAT BIG HUG. No tears...just feelings of absolute jubilation.

We drove back to Kansas that night and he played the highlights and other stuff over the radio for hours. Neither of us could stop laughing and smiling.

By far...our best father/son Ole Miss time we've EVER spent together (the lsuX clock game was pretty darn good too tho, but he was just too young then to fully comprehend the moment).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.