ADVERTISEMENT

The calm after the emotion

RebinChrist

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2010
Ms
After rewatching the game on television this afternoon it brings a new perspective. First, we all need to take a deep breathe. At the end of the day it’s just a football game. That’s truly all it is. We all, myself included, have reacted and posted things that really these kids don’t deserve. If you think Jaxon Dart doesn’t care watch the end of game presser. It’s evident the guy cares about this team and his present and future legacy as ole miss rebel and in the NFL. It’s evident he was as devastated, and let’s be honest he has more at stake than we do, as any of us as fans. I feel sorry for him. Ya he has frosted tips and carries a Gucci purse and with his own talk prior and during the season brought a lot of this on himself and the team, it’s very tough to see the reality crashing down on him and the rest of the team as it inevitably did last night and will in the coming 13 days. Honestly, I feel most sorry for him and the rest of those kids because IMO it’s the coaches that didn’t have him, nor the team, prepared enough to begin this season. They have failed them in the powder puff schedule to start the season. This in and of itself set Jaxon and the team entire team up for being overconfident. I don’t think I have to say that we weren’t prepared for SEC play. They failed Jaxon personally in not working with him on an individual basis in practice to ensure he gets the ball out of his hand quickly and works through his progressions timely. You can’t tell me after watching 7 games this year that there has been any marketable time spent by this staff on this matter when he holds the ball almost 2 seconds longer on average than the avg NFL Qb and rarely hits someone other than his first read. You can also argue that their stubborn play calling for long developing down the field routes for him and this offensive line also shows that they just do not get it. They certainly didn’t scheme or call plays for him or the team last night that ever got lsu scared or Leary from bringing the house against us almost every play.

I apologize to you Jaxon for anything I have posted. You are a great young man, fantastic leader, you obviously care about this university. You have played extremely hard for this team and school, I only wish that your coaches would have given the same to you and your teammates as you have given to this school.

Keep your head up. Learn from the mistakes and finish strong. That’s all you can control.

I hope Kiffin and his staff will rebound and do their jobs better. These two losses are on them. Offensively, schematically we are a prideful, predictable football team. There is no consistent scheme that plays to what this offense does well (against quality SEC defenses NOT cream puffs). We saw spirts of that last night with the quick passing game and had success. But we inevitably got away from it and drives were bogged down because of kiffins lust for the big play, penalties, and playing RBs that don’t need to see the field.

Defensively, we have the best front 7 we have had in years and it’s hard to complain about anything poorly that they have done. Their play this year has been more than good enough for us to have won every game. My only point here is that there is truly a lack of aggressiveness in the form of elaborate blitz packages that are used. We are basic as basic comes when we do choose to blitz, which is rare. If you look at lsu last night, what I respect about Baker, their DC, is that he knows exactly who lsu is on defense. He knows their backend is their weakest link and has devised very elaborate blitz schemes (rushing corners safeties , lbs ) to force opposing qbs to get rid of the ball quickly because he knows his backend will get picked apart if quality qbs have time to pick his team apart. All im saying is that Golding could certainly learn from that and bring an element to this defense that would make it even nastier. We sure could of used some of those elaborate blitz schemes in timely situations in last game and other games this year.

To close, we our 5-2 this year because of 1 main thing. Kiffin and staff. They haven’t been humble enough to know the weaknesses of this team well enough to scheme well enough to put these players in better positions to have success. I’m truly sorry for those kids because it sure could of and should have gone differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.