The comment section on Kellenburger's column

REBELTAXMAN

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2002
Gold

Al Moody ·
Owner at Moody & Associates LLC
Mr. Kellenburger, I would certainly not want you to be advising my child. What an asinine rationalization!
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 23 hrs

Troy Seals ·
Ole Miss
Did you read the guys stats?
Like · Reply · 7 hrs

Al Moody ·
Troy Seals Who, Kellenburger?
Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Gabriel Jones ·
Oxford College of Emory University
This is a pretty well-reasoned take. If pro ball is the goal then pretending to be a "student" athlete is a waste of time. Good read.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
2 · 23 hrs

Timothy Lane Smith ·
Columbus, Mississippi
What's to lose by going to NBA as a second-round pick? Nothing, really, just millions of dollars. Other than that, no big deal. Really.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 22 hrs

Rusty Alston ·
Mississippi State University
Hugh! Once a Ole Miss homer, always a Ole Miss Homer! You!
Like · Reply ·
like.png
2 · 21 hrs

Dave Pop
Hugh I got through the first sentence and stopped reading . Does that tell you anything?
Like · Reply · 21 hrs

The Daily Worthless
That you're not very good at reading?
Unlike · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 1 hr

Don Holland ·
Realtor at COLDWELL BANKER Mark Campbell & Associates
It always seemed to me that he wasn't really interested or driven. Looked like he assumed he would show up and be a star. I don't have any idea how he practiced, but I would bet it was simular to how he played. With very little energy... "spent a lot of time in the corner" waiting for his defender to leave him open so he could shoot. I don't dissagree with your article, but I would hate for Coach Howland or other team members get fingers pointed at them for his dissappointment. If he continues to play as he did this year, it will not do him or MSU any good for him to stay. If he goes, I wish him the best. Hail State!
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 21 hrs

Gabe Williams
It's ridiculous to think or assert an entire basketball program would be turned around in one season by one recruit, i don't care if he's a hundred-star recruit. State started to gel towards the end of the year, and with Howland at the helm, I think they are definitely bound for great things ahead. Having that said, no one should blame Malik for trying his luck in the draft.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
2 · 21 hrs

Davis Hedgepeth
They pay you for this? We know what happened this season at State, but you can't discount that he may actually improve by coming back for a second year. Did Malik eat your cheeseburgers or something?
Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Nelson McGough
Hugh, why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time State has something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 19 hrs

Myron Johnson ·
Can't believe you get paid for this kind of stuff!
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 18 hrs

Timothy Lee Christopher ·
It is really sad how negatively biased your article is against a basketball program that had a lot of very positive things happen this year. You as a reporter should be able to write an interesting article about a very talented player making this decision. That you did not do! I am not sure what your bias is against MSU, but you writing negatively biased article about MSU athletes seems to happen each year. If it is truly based on your association with the University of Mississippi, then that is sad indeed. I would hope you and this new paper would make sure that assosication is not reflected in your writings about MSU. At this point, no one can say you are this newspaper if taking steps to make sure that is not happening. If the best thing for Malik is for him to leave then that is what he should do. I think the "one and done" rule is stupid in the first place.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 17 hrs

Benny Bell ·
Kellenberger, you have proven once again that you are a sorry son of a B. What in the hell makes you think your opinion is law. If you are not going to get out of the newspaper business and do something you understand, at least get the hell out of Mississippi. The majority don't want you here. You are a plague!
Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Mike Bradley Simmons ·
Owner at African Sky Safaris & Tours
What a thoughtless, inept article written here by Kellenberger. Of course he is not ready for the NBA, hell he is not even the best player on a terrible team in college!
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 9 hrs

Jim McGowin ·
Do you really think the D League coaches are the best in the world? They have no experience as an NBA or NCAA head coach.
Like · Reply · 8 hrs

George Russell Turner ·
Leakesville, Mississippi
Come on folks, lighten up. Newman didn't ask for Hugh's opinion in making his decision. He didn't push him away from our Bulldogs. Hugh simply wrote an OPINION piece in reaction to a legitimate news story. That's what he is paid to do. If he had written that Newman was making a mistake and should stay at MSU, there would people lining up to call him an SOB for that too. He makes some valid points in this piece. You don't have to agree with all of those points or any of them for that matter, but don't act childish and call for his head on a platter. Let the Ole Miss folks do that when he writes about something going on at TSUN next time.
Like · Reply · 7 hrs

Al Moody ·
That is the problem. People get fired when they write negative things about Ole Miss. #Blevins
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 5 hrs

Detrick White ·
Man you people spend so much time going against this kid instead of praising him this is why a lot of these kids leaves the State of Mississippi cause of yall sorry reporters. The kid is going to fulfill his dreams forget what this reporter talking he don't know nothing Good Luck Malik AKA The Machine Newman God got your back.
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Jeremy England
Hugh - it's time man. It's time to quit your job with the CL and head on out to Time Magazine or the National Enquirer. I mean, sure you could use some more polishing. And you definitely could learn how to write better to a base that includes 2 in-state SEC schools. But the goal here is to work for a big time journal or news organization, right? So quit wasting your time. Do yourself, and us, a favor and move on. Thanks for trying your hardest to change the CL into something readable. You may have failed miserably, but you tried - and that's what those big name journals will be looking for. The courage of committment.
Like · Reply · 4 hrs · Edited

John S Adams ·
Belhaven University
Hugh, you never cease to amaze me. Gee, the kid is making a decision to test the waters. All the rest of your so-called journalistic " approach shows your obvious bias against MSU. Hell, you couldn't even dig and get the info on The Ole Miss PLOI. You do just the job they ask of you for sure. Malik is not ready yet, maybe as Coach Howland said he may be with the 4 hours a day of coaching he can get in the next month. Ben is okay with it, so let's let it play out without your truly slanted points of views.
Like · Reply · 1 hr
fav.png

Reactions: msdeltareb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.