ADVERTISEMENT

The Gary visit sat

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Is certainly encouraging! Heluvs a lot better than not coming. Some very very good recruits will hopefully see a greAt game , that's one where we score more than them. Good work coaches !

Despite all the ups and downs of the 2015 season, Ole Miss still stands to haul in an impressive 2016 recruiting class. The Rebs are ranked as high as No. 4 nationally, with five-star Shea Patterson leading the way and four-stars like wide receiver DeKaylin Metcalf, athlete Justin Connor and offensive lineman Bryce Mathews right behind him.

While Ole Miss will be searching for its eighth win of the season this weekend against LSU, Hugh Freeze and his staff will also be searching for a win on the crootin trail. This the biggest visit weekend of the season, with no less than five blue chip prospects on their way to Oxford.

Defensive tackle Rashan Gary, linebacker Mique Juarez, linebacker Ben Davis and athlete Mecole Hardman, Jr. are all rated as five-star prospects by Scout.com. All four are instant impact guys who would likely start or get plenty of early playing time for Ole Miss next season. Three of them have ties to other Rebel targets: Juarez and Hardman were teammates with quarterback commit Shea Patterson at Nike's The Opening and Gary is good friends with five-star offensive lineman Greg Little, who's rumored to be leaning towards Ole Miss.

Current Rebel commit Benito Jones, a defensive tackle who's rated a five-star by ESPN, will also be in town.

Full visitors list

via Scout.com

5-star LB Ben Davis, 6'4, 235

5-star DT Rashan Gary, 6'4, 286

5-star ATH Mecole Hardman, Jr., 5'11, 176

5-star LB Mique Juarez, 6'2, 226

5-star DT Benito Jones, 6'1, 275 (Ole Miss commit)

4-star DE Charles Wiley, 6'2, 243 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star S Greg Eisworth, 5'11, 178 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star LB Donta Evans, 6'1, 222 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star OL Eli Johnson, 6'3, 293 (Ole Miss commit)

Unranked DB Myles Hartsfield, 6'0, 175

Keep in mind that these are just the "official" visitors. There could be upwards of 15-20 "unofficial" visitors, ranging from current commits, 2016 prospects still looking to decide and 2017 targets who are just now starting the recruiting process. We at the Cup will be sure to keep you updated if any unofficial visitors are confirmed.

This is setting up to be a huge weekend for Ole Miss, on the field and off.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/11/17/9747912/ole-miss-recruiting-2016-lsu-weekend-visits-rashan-gary-ben-davis-mecole-hardman-mique-juarez

Reactions: Beatlesreb
Despite all the ups and downs of the 2015 season, Ole Miss still stands to haul in an impressive 2016 recruiting class. The Rebs are ranked as high as No. 4 nationally, with five-star Shea Patterson leading the way and four-stars like wide receiver DeKaylin Metcalf, athlete Justin Connor and offensive lineman Bryce Mathews right behind him.

While Ole Miss will be searching for its eighth win of the season this weekend against LSU, Hugh Freeze and his staff will also be searching for a win on the crootin trail. This the biggest visit weekend of the season, with no less than five blue chip prospects on their way to Oxford.

Defensive tackle Rashan Gary, linebacker Mique Juarez, linebacker Ben Davis and athlete Mecole Hardman, Jr. are all rated as five-star prospects by Scout.com. All four are instant impact guys who would likely start or get plenty of early playing time for Ole Miss next season. Three of them have ties to other Rebel targets: Juarez and Hardman were teammates with quarterback commit Shea Patterson at Nike's The Opening and Gary is good friends with five-star offensive lineman Greg Little, who's rumored to be leaning towards Ole Miss.

Current Rebel commit Benito Jones, a defensive tackle who's rated a five-star by ESPN, will also be in town.

Full visitors list

via Scout.com

5-star LB Ben Davis, 6'4, 235

5-star DT Rashan Gary, 6'4, 286

5-star ATH Mecole Hardman, Jr., 5'11, 176

5-star LB Mique Juarez, 6'2, 226

5-star DT Benito Jones, 6'1, 275 (Ole Miss commit)

4-star DE Charles Wiley, 6'2, 243 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star S Greg Eisworth, 5'11, 178 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star LB Donta Evans, 6'1, 222 (Ole Miss commit)

3-star OL Eli Johnson, 6'3, 293 (Ole Miss commit)

Unranked DB Myles Hartsfield, 6'0, 175

Keep in mind that these are just the "official" visitors. There could be upwards of 15-20 "unofficial" visitors, ranging from current commits, 2016 prospects still looking to decide and 2017 targets who are just now starting the recruiting process. We at the Cup will be sure to keep you updated if any unofficial visitors are confirmed.

This is setting up to be a huge weekend for Ole Miss, on the field and off.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/11/17/9747912/ole-miss-recruiting-2016-lsu-weekend-visits-rashan-gary-ben-davis-mecole-hardman-mique-juarez
This is great! But I don't see a fullback. Yikes!

This is great! But I don't see a fullback. Yikes!
You do realize our offense doesn't use a fullback enough to waste a scholarship on one right? We actually use kickers more than fullbacks. I know you guys want to get back to ground and pound with 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust for a first down every three plays but as long as Hugh Freeze is the head coach at Ole Miss we won't. He won't ever openly recruit a fullback when he can have an extra lineman or tight end man the spot when the need arises.

You do realize our offense doesn't use a fullback enough to waste a scholarship on one right? We actually use kickers more than fullbacks. I know you guys want to get back to ground and pound with 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust for a first down every three plays but as long as Hugh Freeze is the head coach at Ole Miss we won't. He won't ever openly recruit a fullback when he can have an extra lineman or tight end man the spot when the need arises.
Pratt, feel your sarcasm. Hopefully the Pennamon guy shows up on the roster.

Pratt, feel your sarcasm. Hopefully the Pennamon guy shows up on the roster.
I meant no sarcasm in that. We don't use a fullback. We don't run a pro style offense. recruiting a FB would be wasting a scholarship. In the spread, the Tight Ends or H-Back double as blocking backs instead of FB. Like i said if you want a pro style I offense you need to start pushing for Freeze to be replaced.

I meant no sarcasm in that. We don't use a fullback. We don't run a pro style offense. recruiting a FB would be wasting a scholarship. In the spread, the Tight Ends or H-Back double as blocking backs instead of FB. Like i said if you want a pro style I offense you need to start pushing for Freeze to be replaced.
Ok, I see what you're saying. And not having an FB has often been the criticism for our offense in short yardage. Perhaps we DO need to be more diversified in running a pro style offense when needed such as short yardage situations. Yes, great point. But replacing Freeze is extreme. He's done very well for Ole Miss, and we can't just keep replacing coaches. He'll come around.

Ok, I see what you're saying. And not having an FB has often been the criticism for our offense in short yardage. Perhaps we DO need to be more diversified in running a pro style offense when needed such as short yardage situations. Yes, great point. But replacing Freeze is extreme. He's done very well for Ole Miss, and we can't just keep replacing coaches. He'll come around.

That's where you are wrong, Freeze will never run a pro style offense. What you have seen of his offense is his offense, he isn't going to tailor it to fit an outdated idea that our fanbase has on how we should play football games. I'm fine with our offense. The only gripe i have is stop trying to run it inside the 5 unless it's a sweep. Throw the ball inside the five on slants screens and fades. We have recievers who can bring down jump balls.

That's where you are wrong, Freeze will never run a pro style offense. What you have seen of his offense is his offense, he isn't going to tailor it to fit an outdated idea that our fanbase has on how we should play football games. I'm fine with our offense. The only gripe i have is stop trying to run it inside the 5 unless it's a sweep. Throw the ball inside the five on slants screens and fades. We have recievers who can bring down jump balls.
Pratt, we always have trouble hitting any receiver or running on 3rd and short. It's uncanny. Is it really outdated to send a hefty running back up the middle on 3rd and short? I look at Drake and Henry of Alabama. Fournette of LSU. We don't have such RBs. If we did, Freeze would change his offensive style.

Pratt, we always have trouble hitting any receiver or running on 3rd and short. It's uncanny. Is it really outdated to send a hefty running back up the middle on 3rd and short? I look at Drake and Henry of Alabama. Fournette of LSU. We don't have such RBs. If we did, Freeze would change his offensive style.

Fournette - 6'1 230
Drake - 6'1 210
Judd 5'11 220
Wilkins 6'1 214

Henry is a different story at 6'4 and every bit of 240

We have backs just like everyone else. Our offense is not set up to have a power running game. As long as Freeze is at Ole Miss and controlling the offense you will never see a middle power running game. Our strengths are off tackle and outside. I'm fine with this and happy we don't have the old school offenses. People hoping Freeze will change are hoping for nothing like Barry in DC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT