ADVERTISEMENT

The Needle podcast on how the media was manipulated in covering Ole Miss NOA

BlindsideHeckler

Red-Shirt Freshman
Dec 14, 2014
http://www.supertalk.fm/podcasts/the-needle/?recording_id=17504

Forward to 16:20 mark. Host contends that he was given inaccurate information by an Ole Miss coach and that many others in the media where as well. He further contends this was done intentionally to attempt to mislead the media and by extension the 2016 recruits about the severity of the NOA from the NCAA.

The picture is starting to become pretty clear at this point.

To me, a legitimate question for the NCAA to ask would be "If OM lied to the media, are they lying to us?" If they even get a hint that we have, it won't be pretty.

To me, a legitimate question for the NCAA to ask would be "If OM lied to the media, are they lying to us?" If they even get a hint that we have, it won't be pretty.
Unfortunately, this was among the self-admitted violations that Ole Miss released (self-admitted being code for 'what we know the NCAA can prove'):

• In 2013, Vaughn communicated with witnesses of an NCAA investigation and provided false or misleading information to the institution and enforcement staff. (Level I violation)
  • In 2013 and 2014, Saunders provided false or misleading information to the institution and enforcement staff. (Level I violation)

And of course, 2013 and 2014 are Freeze years...

Unfortunately, this was among the self-admitted violations that Ole Miss released (self-admitted being code for 'what we know the NCAA can prove'):

• In 2013, Vaughn communicated with witnesses of an NCAA investigation and provided false or misleading information to the institution and enforcement staff. (Level I violation)
  • In 2013 and 2014, Saunders provided false or misleading information to the institution and enforcement staff. (Level I violation)
And of course, 2013 and 2014 are Freeze years...

Remember a few months ago when Texas suddenly fired Vaughn? It was because they got a heads-up that this was coming. Ole Miss has known about this for months, and purposely hid it from fans and the media to try to save the 2016 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT