ADVERTISEMENT

The QB situation really isn't that complicated

umgrad92

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Dart: is QB1 until someone takes it from him. If that happens, it will be the 1st time in his life JD has lost a QB competition. I have stated and continue to state that he is BETTER and has MORE UPSIDE, at the same stage in their careers, than MC. He wore the other hat in this situation last year, as he was the guy that was brought in to compete with a would be starter. He won that battle. My personal opinion: JD will be the greatest benefactor from Sanders and Howard's addition, ultimately win the battle again, and will be QB1 on 02SEP2023 against perennial power Mercer. Kid is a winner!

Sanders: Has hours towards a degree that UM will take and others won't. He may have crossed the Rubicon with OSU and felt he needed change that badly. He comes here, gets his hours counted, competes for a starting job in the spring, and plays if he wins it. If he loses, he can transfer wherever a QB is needed as a grad transfer. My personal opinion: Sanders will make Dart better, which will make Dart the winner. Dart is the better player with more upside, and the competition will drive both to a higher level, where Dart has the higher ceiling. Sanders will provide intense competition, but will lose out and grad transfer in May and be on another roster on 02SEP2023, hopefully outside of our 2023 schedule.

Howard: Will provide a 3rd option in this QB competition. The young man was highly rated coming out of high school, so he obviously has the potential to make things interesting. He came here knowing we have an established QB1 who, with a great year in 2023, would likely head for the draft. My opinion: Howard is the wild card in this deal, he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. I expect him to be QB2 on 02SEP2023 against Mercer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.