ADVERTISEMENT

The Siskey rant on fans and Kiffin addressing expectations in the PC.....

TheRebelOptimist68

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2021
I didn't listen to Siskey's rant nor listen to the press conference (to be honest I am almost apathetic to the season now), but I read the cliffs from each on the board. If this had been addressed delete the thread.

Coaches do not owe fans explanations for decisions or schemes in the pre NIL world. When you ask fans to become shareholders and invest directly into the paying of players to produce on field results that dynamic changes. When a publicly traded company is making bonehead decisions share holders can ask questions. If you are lying are hiding information that becomes misleading shareholders. When you say we need Rashad Amos and we need x amount of dollars to get him and then there is not return on that investment, answers are owed. A better example is Prieskorn. Does the $20 a month deserve the same insight or explanation as the $150k? No of course not, but they are owed something in a model where you ask them to invest.

Now for the flip side. Should a coach have to explain to someone like me who played in high school and now works in an office crunching numbers? ABSOLUTELY not, until you asked me to invest and donate.

The problem is two fold and until NIL changes the answer is not as simple as "no coach owes you an explanation on scheme". It is not that simple. I agree %100 @tsiskey , but this isn't the old system. Fans are invested and some have invested heavily. My son will now have to go to Hinds and work part time to save up for college.....kidding....sort of....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.