ADVERTISEMENT

These Pledge Per Win campaigns are stupid

wallstreetrebel

Starting Ole Miss Quarterback
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
I have already received two calls from the AD this week asking me to make an additional pledge to the AD for every win or other fantasy stat this Fall after receiving several similar calls in baseball this Spring. I honestly have no interest in giving more money because we win 25 baseball games or 6 football games, those would be horrible seasons-or, in the case of baseball, just was one. And when I am already pretty much all in on my GC donations, it gets a little irritating to be asked for more and more money again and again-they might just call once and take me off their list for the same campaign.

Now if they want to do it starting at 10 football wins or maybe 40 baseball wins or 20 basketball wins, that is something I might do because then you are paying more because we have had a great season. If you are going to do something like this, base it on the type incentives you might see in a coach’s contract. But the idea that you pay for each individual win starting at zero is not well thought out IMHO. Rather, it seems more like a participation trophy the way Ole Miss is doing it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.