ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Thursday, January 26 Recruiting Notes, presented by A-1 Discount Tree and Lawn Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Daily recruiting notes are presented by A-1 Discount Tree and Lawn Service. For removal, trimming, stump grinding, demolition and land clearing, call A-1 at 601-981-4900 or check out their website www.A1DiscountTree.com.

Here is Wednesday's thread, in case you missed it or need to catch up:

A few notes first:
1. I'm still working on the somewhat comprehensive 2024 preview I have promised. I'm going to try to spend most of Friday on it. I just haven't gotten it done.
2. There is a MESH Academy media day in Madison, Miss., on Sunday. A lot of top 2024 and 2025 prospects from Mississippi will be there. Rivals' Cole Patterson is attending and will be talking to those guys, so you have some content to look forward to.
3. It appears Ole Miss is having a Junior Day on Sunday. I highly doubt there will be much -- if any -- media coverage, as it's pretty obvious the program doesn't want us there for those types of events. I'll try to get a list of attendees, if nothing else.
4. As for offers in the recruiting thread, the "nuggets" are about to run out. Signing Day is six days away. Ole Miss is just about finished in the portal for this go-round. They have three official visitors that I know of coming in this weekend. The majority of the recruiting focus has shifted to 2024. I asked Michael Luker to accrue information from the Internet regarding offers and whatnot. He's done that. He's reached out to guys as well, but he's learning the new reality of recruiting -- the kids would rather just talk to the national guys because all of the bloggers and whatnot blow up their social media and it's tough to discern who is legitimate from SuperFan.com. That's not complaining, either. It's just the way it is. People want lots of recruiting coverage, and right now, it's offer season.

I caught up with recent Ole Miss commitment Mana Taimani on Wednesday. He talked about his role and his goals for his upcoming career as a Rebel.

I also caught up with Baltimore offensive lineman Chimdy Onoh, who will take an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. He has a tough decision to make soon, and he knows this visit will likely make it even more difficult.

A source close to Ole Miss basically echoed South Carolina's sentiments regarding Mississippi State transfer portal running back Dillon Johnson early this morning.
"No idea what he's doing," the source said.
Technically, Johnson could enroll at Ole Miss middle of next week, but that would require individual professor approval and whatnot. There's still time, but the clock is ticking audibly, if you will, at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.