ADVERTISEMENT

Tunsil / NCAA Probe

LADodgerReb

All-Pro NFL
Jun 24, 2014
City of Angels
Take this with a grain of salt, but I am friends with a NFL insider for a major sports outlet (not ESPN). He specializes in reporting on player contracts, especially those pertaining to rookies transitioning from college to pro. Therefore, he is very well-versed and in the know when it comes to agents, draft eligible college players, front office draft boards, college coaches, etc etc. I asked him over the weekend what he's heard regarding our situation and his response is that people in his circles aren't really talking about it meaning that it's probably not something Ole Miss fans should worry too much about. He said that could always change, but since it's been a few weeks now and there hasn't been much discovered, etc then there probably isn't much there. He was worried about his friend, the agent that was a part of the "yellow convertible" story, because I assume agents can get in trouble as well. He said that the agent may get dinged and Tunsil may miss a few games, but Ole Miss has a whole is likely in the clear. He said the NCAA will likely look at it as more of a domestic family issue than a reason for program penalties. Again, take that with a grain of salt. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.