ADVERTISEMENT

Update from Orlando Hospital for Pettey fam.

Pettey

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2002
We are still hanging in.

Daughter is recovering well but is hurting. Can’t really move due to arm in a sling, spinal hairline fractures and broken wrist. My wife is trying to help us and is staying in the hospital with daughter but has three cracked vertebrae and is in tremendous pain. Youngest daughter is doing well but the concussion effects are getting her. She stays in a hotel next door with mom in law.

A positive development was me getting off the Step Down Intensive Care Unit last night. It was supposed to be Sunday but I was moved to the floor with my kid and her boyfriend. It was quite emotional to reconnect with them for the first time since is saw them in the ER on Sunday. The last insaw the boyfriend was on when we were laying next to each other on the ground. He’s recovering well from his hip a surgeries. They both have one more on their hips.

Today they look to see if the tubes can come out of my chest but there is a concern because incant keep my O2 levels in the 90s with out an oxygen tank. Still a LONG road to go. But the pain from the rib fusion is starting to become more tolerable.

Appreciate all the prayers. Please keep them coming.

Also for those who have seen and know. The anesthesia videos from this top any I have done thanks to my Tennessee buddy having no damn shame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.