ADVERTISEMENT

WARNING POLITICAL Post debate analysis

dawsonreb

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2016
First of all, @Neal McCready gave an excellent analysis of the debate last night in his Mailbag. Go read it.

Now that much of the dust have settled and actual people are reporting how the debate went and not the same people who asked the atrocious questions, it turns out not to be the landslide that many thought. There is an Insider Polling poll after the debate that asked who won the debate. It showed that Kamala won the debate 55-43. Before the debate the same poll had the GE tied at 48... The poll after the debate showed Trump UP 48-47. On the surface this doesn't compute. What it shows is that Kamala supporters ALL thought she won the debate. Most Trump supporters thought he won the debate. However, it also shows undecided voters either didn't think anyone won OR Trump won slightly... SO how can this be? The margin are TRUMP voters who expected more. Trump voters thought he should have put her away and are disappointed (again see Neal's post).

One other poll by CNN shows that Trump GAINED 6 points on the main issue post debate, which is the economy. An ABC post debate poll, showed the same winner/loser percentage as Trump had against Biden and Hillary in the debates in 2020 and 2016. Finally, the focus group from Foxnews showed that Trump made many more good point or high marks than Kamala.

This is not to say that I think Trump won. I do not. I agree 100% with Neal's assessment. Trump has too much pride and can't get out of his own way. But this is to say that the debate really didn't change anything, which is why Kamala wants another debate. She may get a slight media bump, but the race remains unchanged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.