ADVERTISEMENT

Way to kill any momentum and confidence gained in last night's win...

AugustaReb

All America Prospect
Feb 27, 2002
Big win for the Diamond Rebels last night! Pitchers gave up no earned runs in 15 innings. Rebel batters did strike out 22 times, but a number of guys hit the ball really hard only to be robbed by some fantastic fielding by the Tigers. With a team this young, I was thinking about how we might be able to come back today and ride the wave of momentum. Awe hell no! I told my son we would be lucky to get 3 innings out of Smith and that they would have to yank him in the third after the tigers opened up a can on Smith just like every team he has faced. Heck, he took any momentum we had from the top of the 1st and just flat out killed it. Sorry Smith, I am afraid you are going to be the mid-week started from now on. I cannot believe Bianco keeps going with him, but at least he took him out in the first instead of watching him do further damage.

should have read your post before starting one about Sam Smith. I asked a question in my post: are we not capable of signing enough SEC caliber pitchers, or is MB putting too many good arms in the bullpen?

Smith doesn't need to be starting any more games, even midweek.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said!!!

Somebody else definitely needs to move into the starting rotation - but I doubt if Bianco will make the move. It wasn't long ago that one of our weekend starters had an ERA over 9 for the entire season but MB ran him back out there every weekend. Once deemed a starter it seems like it's impossible to lose the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT