ADVERTISEMENT

We lost Lubick-thanks NCAA!

Reblarry

Two-Star Prospect
May 4, 2005
Panama City, FL
Like a kick in the nuts! I'm learning to hate the NCAA. Lubick I bet decided to say au revoir to Ole Miss b/c of the NCAA allegations. And don't tell me we should have not cheated!

Like a kick in the nuts! I'm learning to hate the NCAA. Lubick I bet decided to say au revoir to Ole Miss b/c of the NCAA allegations. And don't tell me we should have not cheated!
Said to be new OC at Baylor, can't blame anyone offered a promotion

Said to be new OC at Baylor, can't blame anyone offered a promotion
The excitement of OM becoming an up and coming team went out the window. Can't blame him for that either! We need someone who's an OM supporter and not worried about money! Hell, how much do you we need to offer and not to greedy effers like this a-hole Lubick? If I lived in Oxford with a decent income, I'd feel privileged.

The excitement of OM becoming an up and coming team went out the window. Can't blame him for that either! We need someone who's an OM supporter and not worried about money! Hell, how much do you we need to offer and not to greedy effers like this a-hole Lubick? If I lived in Oxford with a decent income, I'd feel privileged.
He spent past 3 years as OC, and would have eventually left for another OC position (career move). This came sooner than even he expected. Don't blame him! Hope Freeze stays the course and goes after strong recruiter!

Remember how happy you were when you signed the '13 class? This is the other side of the coin. I doubt NCAA ask OM and its boosters to commit massive violations.

Lubick left for an OC position. Nothing to do with the NCAA. Baylor has admitted to doubling the money that Ole Miss offered him. You are crazy if you think any person on this planet wouldn't jump ship. If an NFL team or another College team offered any coach on our staff, including Freeze, double the money they are making now they are gone.

Lubick left for an OC position. Nothing to do with the NCAA. Baylor has admitted to doubling the money that Ole Miss offered him. You are crazy if you think any person on this planet wouldn't jump ship. If an NFL team or another College team offered any coach on our staff, including Freeze, double the money they are making now they are gone.
Yes, I know. Just annoyed we could have been more prominent as we were heading that way. I disagree that it has nothing to do with the NCAA, though. We are seen as damaged goods and simply a stepping stone for ambitious coaches. I hate that! We need stability, damn it! The money will be there! I truly feel Ole Miss is still loaded with potential, but prospects, be it players or coaches, fail to see that.

Might be some NCAA issues, but probably just the nature of the profession. Hugh Freeze was OC at San Jose St for about a month a few years ago

Reactions: Reblarry
There was someone about 30 years ago who we hired and they got a better deal elsewhere before they ever came. I'll think of it about 2:30 am some night.

There is not a single coach that has left this year for a lesser job, other than the OC/fired and the DC/retired...fired. When you fire both coordinators and no one is going to get promoted it's not surprising that they would take better opportunities elsewhere, it's a job not a hobby. They'll get a receivers coach, a former OC would have been nice but Baylor believes he was worth and capable of more than our staff did.

There is not a single coach that has left this year for a lesser job, other than the OC/fired and the DC/retired...fired. When you fire both coordinators and no one is going to get promoted it's not surprising that they would take better opportunities elsewhere, it's a job not a hobby. They'll get a receivers coach, a former OC would have been nice but Baylor believes he was worth and capable of more than our staff did.
I get ya. Do you think the NCAA has a bearing on prospective coaches?

This is like doing 75 in a 40 MPH zone and blaming the cop for writing you a ticket.

Ultimately it is a risk to miss a 13th and possibly 14th game for prospective coaches but let's be honest here, these guys are still getting paid to coach no matter what happens with the NCAA and in no way does it affect them as long as they can develop players. As far as all the talk of coaches jumping ship, these are the coaches who were in charge and/or committed the speculated infractions that occurred. Leaving OM won't protect them, it will follow them wherever they go.

Reactions: Reblarry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT