ADVERTISEMENT

Went back and looked . .

Memphis Rebel

Three-Star Prospect
Nov 5, 2006
at the TN schedule from last fall and I did not know we beat them worse than any other team they played. A THIRTY ONE point win. WOW!! No wonder they want to come here and rub our nose in the fact we lost one recruit to them. Guess they are still pissed off we kicked their a$$ all over the field. When you rush the ball 28 times for ZERO yards I can see why they are so possessed with this Richmond flip. Only wished we played them again this fall so we could beat that a$$ again.

According to one Vol that's been here recently...

...it's just payback for a buncha Reb fans going to their site following our win and supposedly being a bit obnoxious.

Originally posted by Memphis Rebel:
Only wished we played them again this fall so we could beat that a$$ again.
Only happened once in last 35 years, probably wouldn't next year. Since those back to back wins in 79-80, UT is 15-3 against the Black Bears, so we will take our chances if the opportunity arises.

And the time we played them before last year was when they had Sir Lane and we beat them 42-17 with all that great recruiting they had.

Originally posted by BeattieFeathers:
Too bad we stopped playing them every year.
Why, Betty? Do you enjoy getting your teeth kicked in by Ole Miss?
roll.r191677.gif

Vanderbilt beat Ole Miss the first 19 games we played them. I don't think we even scored on them in those years. All those coaches are dead now and they don't mean squat. Neither does the games Ole Miss lost to Tennessee when the General was there. What is important is where we are today. And today our program is better than Tennessee's. Jones has Tennessee on the right track and Tennessee should get better with better recruits. But, it'll all come down to how the program is run and if there are any repercussions to signing quality players regardless of character issues. Fulmer started losing with top ranked recruits because he lost control of his players. Let's see how Jones does before we crown him. He may very well not be the Tennessee coach next time we play. Quite frankly what Tennessee does has little effect on Ole Miss. We are already battling formidable SEC West football recruiting machines so going up against Tennessee doesn't mean squat. I can assure going up against Bama, Auburn and LSU is much tougher than recruiting against Tennessee.

LOL, these UT whiners are still here? Seems that there is not much going on in East Tennessee these days. Beattie why don't you go find yourself another hobby?

Well, if history is any indicator he's right. But, Auburn won the NC with a new JUCO QB who nobody knew and we also have a shot. Cam and Chad were both 4 stars coming out of high school, both were kicked off their original team, and both won the JUCO NC. We'll see. Kelly reminds me more of Masoli than Newton though.

Originally posted by joelvol:
Hey.......You could meet the Vols in Atlanta next year.........But based on your history....I don't think so

If we do meet the vols-in-tears in Atlanta next year, recent history says Ole Miss will kick your teeth in...Again.

U cheaT'N had ZERO net yards rushing and gave up 7 sacks, 3 int's and a 1 fumble to the Ole Miss Landshark D and your delusions have the vols-in-tears in Atlanta next year. You funny.
roll.r191677.gif
34-3

Reactions: Rebelblitz
you guys are still a bottom feeder with no tradition of winning. you and Vandy are two peas in a pod. That's why you play those guys every year. They matched you up to give you equal shot at an SEC win. Pathetic cheaters....

Reactions: billywayneluck
you guys are still a bottom feeder with no tradition of winning. you and Vandy are two peas in a pod. That's why you play those guys every year. They matched you up to give you equal shot at an SEC win. Pathetic cheaters....!
Pathetic ??
From what I Saw, pathetic is what I saw in Oxford in 14, 34-3....LMAO. ! But you guys did cheer for some pretty good passes your QB completed. But the 0 yards rushing was pretty damn embarrassing, so I do not blame you for being pissed.
I will say this, your one point loss to Florida, and our one point loss to the the Piggies, kept us from whipping yo asses in Atlanta this year. Just saying, you better go hire a good lawyer for those hit men you have playing on your team.

you guys are still a bottom feeder with no tradition of winning. you and Vandy are two peas in a pod. That's why you play those guys every year. They matched you up to give you equal shot at an SEC win. Pathetic cheaters....

I wouldn't say Tennessee is a bottom feeder and as far as cheating, who knows. Tennessee just hasn't done much in the last few years and despite the fact that Ole Miss is a better program at the moment, everything cycles. Tennessee may make it if they can get rid of Jones and take control of the program.

Only happened once in last 35 years, probably wouldn't next year. Since those back to back wins in 79-80, UT is 15-3 against the Black Bears, so we will take our chances if the opportunity arises.
Lol at this guy for bringing 35 years worth of statistics into the thread. Nothing over 3-4 years ago is relevant. Nobody here gives two shits over what happened in 1980.

Reactions: Rebelblitz
Lol at this guy for bringing 35 years worth of statistics into the thread. Nothing over 3-4 years ago is relevant. Nobody here gives two shits over what happened in 1980.
I looked up the big orange record against us, I mean did they really win 17 of the series games before WW II, LOL...LOL..!
Really, who gives a shit about pre pearl harbor...lol....LMAO...LOL, Can't stop laughing the stupid UT fans. that means that the record since 1945 is pretty damn close. what as shock, mighty UT....LMAO...!

Too bad we stopped playing them every year.
Beattie, you still using the name of a dead man as your handle ?? LMAO...!! What has the last 15 years got to do with a 34-3 ass whupping against you blue tick hounds ?? I just do not get it, pls help me to understand, you orange hounds can't beat the Gators or the red elephants to save granny's life..! I will go along with a 3 or 4 year look back, that is fair, but beating us in 1917 just doesn't get me all upset.

LMAO, now how many were before WW II ??? 17 wins I think, you blue tick whores can't stand it that we buried your orange asses in Oxford, you just can't live with it can you, how pathetic is that.!

When your assess are winning, you think your shit doesn't stink, but you hillbilly jack offs can't even beat Florida or Bama, they kick your sorry redneck smokey mountain asses every year....LMAO..!!
Beside, to me, the only game that ever really meant anything on a large scale was the 38-0 ass blasting old Archie put on your big mouth Kiner in 69, to me that is what it's all about. 3rd ranked in the nation.....LMAO, and we didn;t just beat you, hell, Vaught told Archie to take a knee inside your 10 as the game expired, LMAO....LMAO...! Could have been 45-0, very easily !!LMAO.! Stupid freaking Tenn blue tick hound fans..!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT