ADVERTISEMENT

Went by in person to order my Sugar Bowl tickets this week and saw the drawings for the Stadium…

wallstreetrebel

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
I actually took pics, although I had to promise not to post them anywhere. The drawings were a little different from what I have seen on the internet and there are a lot more of them showing all sides together. The one thing not being mentioned that I have seen is that the outside of the West Side is gorgeous, much better looking than the South addition. Unlike the South, there’s a lot of red brick and it really matches the Bell Tower and Pavilion. I would love to have the entire stadium look that way.

We are supposed to start on the $40 million renovation/addition to the Manning Center as soon as they get back from the Sugar Bowl, while the West Side should start after next season. My contact seemed to think that they could get most of the West Side done in one offseason. The East side appears to be well down the road. All the drawings have no Starnes Center in them and my contact thought it may be torn down. Does anyone know what it is used for now other than receptions?

At any rate, it was exciting to see. I spent about 20 minutes just looking at all the drawings and asking questions. I don’t want to say who showed me everything, in case he was overstepping, but we have some very good people working out there. Color me impressed!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News