ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Horror Movies Trilogy...

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
Starting off my lazy Labor Day holiday with a trilogy of some of the worst horror movies in Hollywood history...

I started off the day with The Wasp Woman from 1959. It was an early offering from legendary producer/director Roger Corman... Corman had a small role as the Doctor in the movie... It was definitely a low budget B-movie, but it was entertaining.. It was a sort of female cinematic answer to the Vincent Price classic, "The Fly"... This was a typical poster for the film back in the day:

s-l1200.jpg

The second movie was "Bride of the Monster" starring Bela Lugosi from 1955. It was perhaps the best movie made by Hollywood Legend and oddball, Ed Wood Jr. It was Lugosi's last speaking role in a movie.. Lugosi would make one more movie, but he was cast as a deaf mute butler, so he did not speak.. Then there's the classic "Plan 9 From Outer Space".. Ed Wood shot some home movie of Lugosi lurking around in his house, with the intent the home movie clip as a way to secure funding for his project, which was to star Lugosi, but Lugosi died before Wood could get funding. Wood went on and rewrote the movie to include the home movie clips of Lugosi. I've included a modern rendition of the poster, plus a few screen snags from my viewing pleasure(?):

71+2UyMbC4L.jpg

IMG-1034.jpg

IMG-1032.jpg

IMG-1037.jpg

IMG-1042.jpg

The "big guy" is former Swedish wrestler Tor Johnson.. He was a heavy in a bunch of B-movies of the 50s.. Was also in Plan 9.. The cop who is shown in the movie was the son of a LA meat packer, who agreed to provide funding ($28,000) to Wood for the movie on the condition that his son play the hero in the movie.. Also, that there be a nuclear explosion in the movie... Wood agreed to the conditions..

I'm going to take a break before finishing the trilogy with "The Astounding She-Monster" from 1957.. It's supposedly the worst of the trilogy.. I'll report back later...

il_794xN.1478323259_jofs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: plantdoc1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.