ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State is a better run university than Ole Miss.

So far I haven't seen any evidence showing Jones has done a better job than the Miss State president. I haven't seen you post nothing but your view, supported by nothing except personal choice and highly biased since you are an Ole Miss fan. This is a message board, not a court of law. I gave reasons for my beliefs. That is all.

This post was edited on 4/2 10:10 AM by ranchreb

Ranch....you need to get out of Mississippi every once and a while. Mississippi is a great place, but there is a big world out there.

First of all, I am the father of two out of state students, and I know tons of kids and families in the same boat. My business deals with High Schools, so I talked with tons of High school admissions councilors, so I hear first had what they say about OM.

Second of all, I can give you tons of examples citing that you are wrong, but as you said minds are not changed on message boards.

Third, if you do not believe that OM is better run, then look at things that a banker would look at: Growth; building; real estate values; etc.

These are facts that are undeniable, but I doubt very seriously that you are interested in facts.

I lived in Texas 30 years. I lived in Arkansas 8 years. I've only been back to Mississippi 6 years.

This discussion represents why I would like to see Jones replaced.

Through all talk about symbols, traditions, admission policies, student recruitment, scholarships....and a lot of it not founded in fact, what is clear is that there is great division in the Ole Miss community.

We are all supposed to be Rebels, with common interest and goals. Instead, we have insults being thrown at each other.

Really?? Really??

A good leader brings people together. They establish unity among all factions of the community, black/white, straight/homosexual, liberal/conservative, progressives/tradtionalists.

Anyone think we have that now??

Some will argue that Jones has done well. Perhaps.

Some will argue that Jones has been a failure. Perhaps.

I have been a donor to the U and season ticket holder for many years, and I must say I have never experienced such discord.

Jones has failed my test for leadership, which is to bring people together. Hopefully, with new leadership, we can move in that direction in the Ole Miss family and on this board.

Originally posted by em6126:

A good leader brings people together. They establish unity among all factions of the community, black/white, straight/homosexual, liberal/conservative, progressives/tradtionalists.
Funny thing: ALL of the groups above have come together in resounding support of Dr. Jones...with ONE exception. The group that supports irrelevant and in many cases outdated "traditions" at Ole Miss. They are the most outspoken against Dr. Jones but part of a small and ever-dwindling minority. So, in reality, this situation has proven that Chancellor Jones IS a uniter.

But you're too blind to see. Sad.

This post was edited on 4/2 11:51 AM by TheUnknownRebel

Through all talk about symbols, traditions, admission policies, student recruitment, scholarships....and a lot of it not founded in fact, what is clear is that there is great division in the Ole Miss community.

We are all supposed to be Rebels, with common interest and goals. Instead, we have insults being thrown at each other.

Really?? Really??

I have been a donor to the U and season ticket holder for many years, and I must say I have never experienced such discord.

Jones has failed my test for leadership, which is to bring people together. Hopefully, with new leadership, we can move in that direction in the Ole Miss family and on this board.Well Stated.

jones is not a uniter, he is a divider. He is not a leader, he is a rabble rouser.

Thank God he will be banished from OM in 5 months.

Three of our top six athletic supporters want Jones out. I've talked to all three.

You have to be careful with your interpretations of a "good leader". Some leaders throughout history have been very good at uniting people but leading them in a poor direction, sometimes in a horrific direction while many divisive leaders have actually led others in a very positive, yet not always popular, direction. It is also possible to find a leader who can unite most people and lead the organization in a good direction - ideal. I'm sure we would all prefer to have the likeable leader who drives positive outcomes, but I hope none of us would prefer a likeable leader who drives negative outcomes. Sometimes, if not often, leaders who produce positive outcomes but are not well liked are not well liked for all of the wrong reasons. Look at the outcomes if you want to really evaluate a leader. If you can't objectively identify quality leadership based on positive outcomes, then perhaps you will reflect and find that you are on the wrong side of history.

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Three of our top six athletic supporters want Jones out. I've talked to all three.
And two of our largest academic donors DO NOT. Which is more important?

Oh, and unlike your claim, mine is documented in the news media.

This post was edited on 4/2 1:28 PM by TheUnknownRebel

Originally posted by lp4Rebs:

Really?? Really??

Jones has failed my test for leadership, which is to bring people together. Hopefully, with new leadership, we can move in that direction in the Ole Miss family and on this board.

Well Stated.

jones is not a uniter, he is a divider. He is not a leader, he is a rabble rouser.

Thank God he will be banished from OM in 5 months.

Wrong! You need to check the latest headlines.

With all the construction on campus it appears a significant amount of donor$ are supporting Dan Jones vision for Ole Miss.

FYI - Obama is doing a great job. He brought this country back from the brink. If you don't believe me look at any major economic indicator.

If the best students are from out of state then by all means they should be RECRUITED.

Rebelcpa. I agree with you about Dan Jones. If you think Obama is a great president then you are delusional. I will be happy to go over with you line by line why Obama is the worst President in our nations history as well as one of the worst people, but I am afraid that would be over your head.

Economic indicators?

Like the labor participation rate, which is now the lowest since 1978?

Like the anemic wage growth?

Like the anemic G D P growth which is projected to be 0% in the first quarter?

Like the majority of new jobs that have been created are in low paying service jobs?

Like the $16 trillion nation debt?

Like a record number of people on food stamps?

Oh, those indicators.

Thanking for posting, but shouldn't you be watching MSNBC?

Do not forget about the percentage of people on some type of government assistance. If you want to talk about foreign policy he alienates our allies and makes deals wit Iran. Of course I am sure you never turn off those pardyms of human intellect on MSBC off, you do not know better.

Originally posted by chattreb:
Rebelcpa. I agree with you about Dan Jones. If you think Obama is a great president then you are delusional. I will be happy to go over with you line by line why Obama is the worst President in our nations history as well as one of the worst people, but I am afraid that would be over your head.
While you're at it, go line by line why we've had the worst Congress in our nation's history for the last two terms. Plenty of blame to go around. If you think the problem is solely Obama, then you're delusional.

Originally posted by chattreb:
Ok..... Where do you want to start. Looking forward to it.
I've asked YOU to go line by line...It was your idea and you seem confident you have all the answers...And if you disagree with my perspective of Congress, then by all means, list all that Congress has accomplished since 2008 and will accomplish before 2016. Ready? GO!

Thanks, first of all let us remember that until January the Community Organizer had that lying Harry Reid as a pocket veto for him. Virtually nothing could get to him to even veto much less sign. Now the Liar is not longer running Senate, so things can get through for the Community Organizer can show his true colors. Case and point, the Keystone Pipeline. He vetoed if for no reason, other than the fact that his donors in the Sierra club told him to. There is one, and answer that one and we can move on to another.

Maybe you need to check the constitution. Bills have to eventually get through both houses. The Democrats controlled the senate until recently. All the house could do is stop the communist organizer. Now he is going the executive order route until the Supreme Court stops him.

Ok. Keystone Pipieline. I told you to answer that one first and we would move onto another.

Keystone offers no real value to our economy and we need to ween ourselves off fossil fuels. Next.

Communist Organizer??? Wow - who would have ever thought Rush "Draft Dodging Anal Cyst" Limbaugh would grace this little ole message board!

You and I know the GOP's problem with the new AG. She's black and they don't want another black AG.

Let me help you with your civics. The reason many bills are not being brought to a vote is that they are being filibustered by the democrats

By the way, how about Barry's job report today? Lowest monthly job creation since 2013.

It should be entertaining to hear the obama acolytes explanation of that......

Ready, go!

CPA.

1. Learn to read I said Community Organizer.
2. I really have no idea what the race of the AG nominee. Nice try in race baiting but that dog does not hunt.
3. As for Keystone lets just say you are wrong. I would love to debate you about that but I think that would be futile. If you want to ride bikes have at it.

Next question.

Let me help you with your civics. The reason many bills are not being brought to a vote is that they are being filibustered by the democrats

By the way, how about Barry's job report today? Lowest monthly job creation since 2013.

It should be entertaining to hear the obama acolytes explanation of that......

Ready, go!
You can further clarify by listing each (R) Bill presented with it's respective (D) filibuster...Ready? Go!

That's an interesting point. Ole Miss has a lot of students from Texas. I sometimes view Ole Miss like the way one would view a private school because the out of state student and growing out of state alumni percentage mirrors that of a private school.

Does Mississippi State still offer that "Double Full Scholarship" where top high school students from pretty much anywhere that wish to be matriculated into their School of Business immediately as freshmen can receive not only a full general scholarship, but also a full scholarship from the School of Business too? They could graduate from Miss State with $80,000 in the black. Can someone clarify this for me?

you are a simpleton using anecdotal evidence. you are the scourge generation that UM needs removed.

ban me based on your personal opinions. do it. and by the way, your observations of football practice are also worthless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT