ADVERTISEMENT

Why not try Hibbler at

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
DE since we are sketchy there on depth? He's tall and fast and could be of more help where we are thin with a questionable Brown.

DE since we are sketchy there on depth? He's tall and fast and could be of more help where we are thin with a questionable Brown.
So you think having Haynes, Wiley, Youngblood, Evans and Mcdowell is sketchy depth?

It's been said that Evans and McDowell wouldn't play much at DE. Just repeating more knowledgable sources than my own.

I believe Freeze has said he wouldn't use either on run downs. Has Wileys status ever cleared up?

We are thinner at MLB than DE. Hibbler is doing OK at MLB. I'm sure if he can't play MLB they will move him somewhere. Other than Huskey, MLB is our most difficult position to learn on defense. Lots of read and react at that position. Some can do it, most can't.

Didn't he get a DUI?
What does that have to do with his ability to play defensive end? It wasn't during the season nor was it on campus. People need to understand things that happen in personal lives have nothing to do with their position on a college football team. Do you get fired from your job if you get a DUI?

What does that have to do with his ability to play defensive end? It wasn't during the season nor was it on campus. People need to understand things that happen in personal lives have nothing to do with their position on a college football team. Do you get fired from your job if you get a DUI?
Yes, I would be fired. It has a lot to do with his play at DE. May end up being suspended, jailed, or being heavily fined. He broke the damned law, Pratt. DUI is serious sh&%! He's more baggage, a problem, undisciplined, and we don't need that anymore. I'd further say that he has very bad judgment in doing something stupid, which I contend translates to the field. Can he be coached? Does he listen to the coaches and seniors? What other crap is he going to pull? He needs to keep his personal life away from Ole Miss. Whether football players like it or not, they are representatives of Ole Miss.

Reactions: Fishing123
Yes, I would be fired. It has a lot to do with his play at DE. May end up being suspended, jailed, or being heavily fined. He broke the damned law, Pratt. DUI is serious sh&%! He's more baggage, a problem, undisciplined, and we don't need that anymore. I'd further say that he has very bad judgment in doing something stupid, which I contend translates to the field. Can he be coached? Does he listen to the coaches and seniors? What other crap is he going to pull? He needs to keep his personal life away from Ole Miss. Whether football players like it or not, they are representatives of Ole Miss.

This is where we highly differ in opinion. I allow people to make mistakes, you clearly do not. I honestly don't know how people go through life living in glass houses. Remember Eli would not have played a down for Ole Miss if you had anything to do with it right? Like i said when it happened, it was handled internally and he has been punished for his lapse in judgement. The reason you haven't heard about it is that it's a non issue now.

This is where we highly differ in opinion. I allow people to make mistakes, you clearly do not. I honestly don't know how people go through life living in glass houses. Remember Eli would not have played a down for Ole Miss if you had anything to do with it right? Like i said when it happened, it was handled internally and he has been punished for his lapse in judgement. The reason you haven't heard about it is that it's a non issue now.
Eli did not get a DUI! Remember you said that, but for a DUI, I'm not so forgiving. And it should be an issue, and anticipate this is not over.

Eli did not get a DUI! Remember you said that, but for a DUI, I'm not so forgiving. And it should be an issue, and anticipate this is not over.
So breaking one law is better than breaking another? Both are not felonies

So breaking one law is better than breaking another? Both are not felonies
But a DUI represents extremely bad judgment, Pratt! Hell, he could have hit a small child, crashed into another vehicle full of other students, and who knows what else! You mention Eli. I don't think he got a DUI. Correct me if I'm wrong. This Speaks guy has been taught that he can get away with anything-incorrigible. And that translate to the field in the name of self-discipline, Pratt. Maybe a few days in boot camp with a Marine Corp drill instructor MIGHT turn him around. But I can't believe you disagree with me.

But a DUI represents extremely bad judgment, Pratt! Hell, he could have hit a small child, crashed into another vehicle full of other students, and who knows what else! You mention Eli. I don't think he got a DUI. Correct me if I'm wrong. This Speaks guy has been taught that he can get away with anything-incorrigible. And that translate to the field in the name of self-discipline, Pratt. Maybe a few days in boot camp with a Marine Corp drill instructor MIGHT turn him around. But I can't believe you disagree with me.

You might aswell start writing letters to Ole Miss about how you want him kicked off cause Freeze said Tuesday he has met all the requirements set before him after the incident to play against FSU. Eli got a MIP which is him as a minor drinking. Yes he could have hit someone but hell you could hit someone and not be drunk. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but it isn't a college football teams place to punish him. It's a court of law and they will.

Disagree.

You might aswell start writing letters to Ole Miss about how you want him kicked off cause Freeze said Tuesday he has met all the requirements set before him after the incident to play against FSU. Eli got a MIP which is him as a minor drinking. Yes he could have hit someone but hell you could hit someone and not be drunk. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished but it isn't a college football teams place to punish him. It's a court of law and they will.
Pratt, you and I have discussed this before. God knows if he'll come around, and I certainly hope he reforms himself. At his age, he should know better. I'd relegate him to 3rd string and let him move up in an effort to show he has judgment and remorse. What's an MIP anyway?

Last edited:
Lyman is in serious denial about Ole Miss football right now. Between the NCAA investigation and Hillary losing it is going to be a VERY tough fall for him.

I sure hope you're right about Hillary. But, all you State fans are going to be very disappointed when this is over. So far, after 4 years of investigating, the NCAA has a Fellowship of Christian Athletes leader giving a ride to 3 recruits. The Tunsil deal is over. They found no wrong doing over the draft night fiasco. The hearing will be in October and the investigators have nothing except what Ole Miss has already agreed with, except the ride. In December the NCAA will announce the penalties. No suspension for Freeze and no bowl ban. there will be a hiccup in recruiting but will gather steam next year. Meanwhile, back in Starkville fans will be looking for a cliff.

Reactions: J. Lyman Stone
I sure hope you're right about Hillary. But, all you State fans are going to be very disappointed when this is over. So far, after 4 years of investigating, the NCAA has a Fellowship of Christian Athletes leader giving a ride to 3 recruits. The Tunsil deal is over. They found no wrong doing over the draft night fiasco. The hearing will be in October and the investigators have nothing except what Ole Miss has already agreed with, except the ride. In December the NCAA will announce the penalties. No suspension for Freeze and no bowl ban. there will be a hiccup in recruiting but will gather steam next year. Meanwhile, back in Starkville fans will be looking for a cliff.

The fact that Ole Miss refuses to release the 2nd NOA tells you all you need to know about where this is headed.

Earliest Ole Miss will meet before the COI is next Summer, sanctions handed down Jan of 2018.

Reactions: billywaynebama
The fact that Ole Miss refuses to release the 2nd NOA tells you all you need to know about where this is headed.

Earliest Ole Miss will meet before the COI is next Summer, sanctions handed down Jan of 2018.

My info is more reliable than Steve Robertson. The Tunsil investigation is over. End of investigation. Next move is meeting with the committee. Anythig else would be a brand new investigation.

My info is more reliable than Steve Robertson. The Tunsil investigation is over. End of investigation. Next move is meeting with the committee. Anythig else would be a brand new investigation.

Everything you have posted about this investigation has been wrong. You are just repeating what David Johnson posts and everything he's posted has been wrong as well.

Lyman is in serious denial about Ole Miss football right now. Between the NCAA investigation and Hillary losing it is going to be a VERY tough fall for him.
Did you mean Larry? If so, I'm voting Trump as a lesser of two evils. I'm anxious to see how we do do against FSU. The grill will be lit, friends, and adult beverages will be available. Seriously can't wait, NCAA probation or not.

Last edited:
Did you mean Larry? If so, I'm voting Trump as a lesser of two evils. I'm anxious to see how we do do against FSU. The grill will be lit, friends, and adult beverages will be available. Seriously can't wait, NCAA probation or not.

I wonder how many of your guests would fail a breathalyzer test when they leave your party.

His IQ is around room temperature. In Celsius. If he makes more than 25K a year I would be shocked. But he's got us figured out it seems! lol

Someone who has three message board alter egos and uses them to talk to himself and "like" his own comments, as you do, is in no position to critique the IQ of others, billyblindsidebaelish. LMAO

His IQ is around room temperature. In Celsius. If he makes more than 25K a year I would be shocked. But he's got us figured out it seems! lol

He seems to lack basic social skills and always excuses himself from any discussion of tailgating at Ole Miss or best restaurants to eat at, sights to see, etc.

My guess is a shut-in LMAO!

He seems to lack basic social skills and always excuses himself from any discussion of tailgating at Ole Miss or best restaurants to eat at, sights to see, etc.

My guess is a shut-in LMAO!

Coming from a moron who has three known alter egos, who "likes" his own posts and talks to himself, you're the one in need of social skills. LMAO!

Oh, and keep on "guessing" billyblindsidebaelish. LMAO!

DUI is fun? Thanks for playing, water head. You better call billy gump and Baelish to help you. LMAO!

You let the adults worry about how they will get home after drinking, Hillary. You are a shut-in that's scared to death that someone else is going to leave the house and have fun and you can't stand it LMAO!

You let the adults worry about how they will get home after drinking, Hillary. You are a shut-in that's scared to death that someone else is going to leave the house and have fun and you can't stand it LMAO!

Too funny coming from a water head who spends all his time providing conversation for his THREE alter egos on a message board, billyblindsidebaelish. LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT