ADVERTISEMENT

Your whole state sucks. I hate to travel there.

By the way, I'm heading to the beach to do some metal detecting. I will be wearing my Ole Miss t-shirt and ball cap.
@Beatlesreb, when detecting at the beach are you finding anything of interest, or is it mainly cans, bottle tops, etc.? I have been looking at quality metal detectors for my kids to use down at the beach, and would appreciate your input. Thanks.

@Beatlesreb, when detecting at the beach are you finding anything of interest, or is it mainly cans, bottle tops, etc.? I have been looking at quality metal detectors for my kids to use down at the beach, and would appreciate your input. Thanks.
As you might expect, there are many bottle caps. But the place is loaded! Found 2 quarters, a cheap ring, 4 dimes, several nickels, funny enough, no pennies. Got too windy so I left about an hour later after getting there. Plan on using the discriminator feature on your machine if you get it. Check behind Spinnakers and LaVela, but go in the morning before you get surrounded by Spring Breakers. Your kids will love it! Good luck!

As you might expect, there are many bottle caps. But the place is loaded! Found 2 quarters, a cheap ring, 4 dimes, several nickels, funny enough, no pennies. Got too windy so I left about an hour later after getting there. Plan on using the discriminator feature on your machine if you get it. Check behind Spinnakers and LaVela, but go in the morning before you get surrounded by Spring Breakers. Your kids will love it! Good luck!
Thanks so much. They have been wanting one for a while.

Panama City isn't what it used to be. Meth is everywhere, but buildings are being restored in several districts. MUST get rid of the riff-raff who sell meth and other crap. Law enforcement here is on the ball, and eventually the BS crowd will leave, or be in jail (I'd shoot them if I had my way-they screwed the town up). But the beaches are still beautiful, and restaurants, bars, plentiful. Take it you've been here? Or did you just through your comment out there?
Just send them to Gulf Shores or Orange Beach! Not much difference!! Plenty of Meth around there. Hell, have you ever been to Flora Bama? Plenty of white trash to go around!! The whole area from Gulf Shores to Apalachicola isn't called the Redneck Riviera because it's full of classy peeps!

Just send them to Gulf Shores or Orange Beach! Not much difference!! Plenty of Meth around there. Hell, have you ever been to Flora Bama? Plenty of white trash to go around!! The whole area from Gulf Shores to Apalachicola isn't called the Redneck Riviera because it's full of classy peeps!
Kinda sad, isn't it?

Mississippi is not a particularly scenic state. There aren't any "natural wonders" like some other states have. Alabama isn't any more scenic. A beach isn't exactly scenic to me since I grew up a block away from a beach. Gulf Shores isn't any more scenic than Biloxi. Most scenic places in both states are off the beaten path and no one will see them driving down an interstate.

Reactions: Rebelblitz
Mississippi is not a particularly scenic state. There aren't any "natural wonders" like some other states have. Alabama isn't any more scenic. A beach isn't exactly scenic to me since I grew up a block away from a beach. Gulf Shores isn't any more scenic than Biloxi. Most scenic places in both states are off the beaten path and no one will see them driving down an interstate.
Driving North on I-55 from Jackson to Grenada was to me, a beautiful drive. So was the Natchez Trace. But "natural wonders" not so much.

I remember driving along the beach at Desdin back in the 60's. Then it was scenic with the emerald green water and white beaches. Now there are just too many hotels and commercial places that take away from the beauty.

I remember driving along the beach at Desdin back in the 60's. Then it was scenic with the emerald green water and white beaches. Now there are just too many hotels and commercial places that take away from the beauty.

Know what you mean, and that's everywhere. But the beaches are still pristine. Can't stand the condos or commercial places either. The fishing is still terrific, as is the party scene (if you behave yourself), and there's lots to do-saw a Beatles tribute band last night for example which was outstanding. Several celebrities always show up. You never know.Try to acquaint yourself with locals who'll tell you what to avoid or what is great about Panama City. I'll be glad to help, if you're visiting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT