ADVERTISEMENT

10 Things we know today about the 2024 Ole Miss Rebels :

RebelMatt

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2013
@Neal McCready you worked late last night, I’ll take the 10 Thoughts today.

1). Building an OL from The Transfer Portal does not work. Before this season, Lane has had Matt Luke’s recruits as his starting OL for the most part. OL has been the weakest link on Lane’s teams, and this year is the worst OL during his time at Ole Miss. Just awful.

2) A Soft Fall Camp + Soft first 4 games on the schedule = Soft Football Team. Team lacks toughness. Mental and Physical. Injuries everywhere.

3) The loss of Quinshon Judkins was/is devastating to this offense. I understand why it happened, but not having a backup plan before pulling the trigger was dumb. The weak OL and the lack of a running game is the kryptonite for this team. Because of that, all the pressure swings to Jaxson Dart. Also the reason more losses are coming.

4). U. Bentley should have been playing. He’s the best RB on this roster, and it’s not close. It’s on film now. We all saw it. The only mystery now is WHY has he not been playing ? Parrish is not a starting SEC RB no matter how badly Kevin Smith wishes he was.

5). Walter Nolan is the best player on this team. He was worth every penny he is being paid. He gets double, triple teamed, and HELD every single play, and still is a force. It’s amazing to watch. What’s frustrating is, he is drawing all the attention of the OL, and we still can’t get to the QB from the end spot.

6) Juice Wells is just collecting a check. He’s not even trying. Bad body language. Not running his routes with any effort or crispness. Drops. Lacks that dog mentality. Cannot rely on him at all. IMO needs to be benched.

7). Charlie Weis Jr. needs to be dismissed. His offense sucks. Proof is in the pudding now. He is good for the very first scripted drive of the game. After that, it goes to shit. Bad, bad, bad. No creativity. Dumb play calling in critical parts of the game.

8). Jaxson Dart is the same QB he was 3 years ago when he arrived in Oxford. He does not have an OL. He does not have a running game to help him. With that being said, he’s just not that good. Makes bad decisions with the ball. Holds the ball too long. Inaccurate passes. Sloppy QB play when playing SEC defenses. He is who he is. All the talk. All the hype. Just stop.

9). This team lacks another corner, and a bad ass Saftey to be elite. Thats what is missing. Trey Amos is good enough. The other side is not. Jadon Canady should not be starting on this defense. Him laying on his back while Lacy caught the winning TD was an image that I care not to see again. That was weak sauce.

10). The talk of playoffs, last dance, etc. was comical. Ole Miss is 1-2 in the SEC. The Kentucky loss looks worse today. This team has 2 or 3 more losses coming. UGA, @Arkansas, @UF ( no matter who the coach is ) look like losses to me. As a matter of fact, The Egg Bowl is one that I would keep an eye on depending how the rest of the season goes, and if this team is still competing at that point. I say all of that to say, all of this falls at the feet of Lane Kiffin. This team is his team. This staff is his staff. The rest of the year will be very interesting to see how they respond to the L’s. #WAOM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.