ADVERTISEMENT

10 Weekend Thoughts presented by Grenada Nissan

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS

National Signing Day is finally in the rear-view mirror. The focus now shifts to the bubbles and brackets of college basketball's stretch drive and --- amazingly, as it's so cold --- the beginning of another college baseball season. Here are my thoughts on those topics and more:

1. I was driving Caroline to dance or Carson to soccer practice or Campbell to an algebra tutor (all of the shuttling runs together into one continuous, convoluted fog sometimes) and I was listening to XM Radio. Anyway, Tim Brando was interviewing St. Joseph's coach Phil Martelli, who was whining about media mistreatment of the Atlantic 10. Apparently, the A-10 doesn't get enough respect in the polls and whatnot, though Martelli was confident that the NCAA tournament selection committee would see through the media's careless oversight and give two-thirds of the league a bid in mid-March.

I don't doubt for a minute that Martelli is correct. I haven't watched enough college basketball this year to know of the A-10's prowess or lack thereof, but RPIs as of Sunday morning support his assertion. Massachusetts is No. 11, Saint Louis is No. 18, George Washington is No. 30, St. Joseph's is No. 45 and Xavier is No. 46. That's a strong league.

Where I became irritated, however, is when the talk shifted to how difficult it is to win on the road in the A-10. Apparently, it's next to impossible to go to St. Bonaventure and win. The Bonnies (13-10 overall, 3-6 in the A-10) are No. 91 in the latest RPI, but they're the booger bear of all booger bears at their place. St. Bonaventure lost Saturday at home against Dayton, 72-69. Put Dayton (RPI: 59) in the dance, I say!

Here's where I get a little peeved: Yes, I'm sure it's tough to win at St. Bonaventure or anywhere else in the A-10, but guess what, it's more than a little difficult to win on the road in the SEC, too, yet teams in the SEC aren't afforded the luxury of that talking point.

No one wins at Florida. John Calipari is 81-2 at Rupp Arena since taking over at Kentucky. Those are the givens. However, it's almost impossible to win at Missouri, extremely tough to win at Arkansas and Ole Miss and a real challenge to win in Knoxville or Baton Rouge. That's just the beginning. Vanderbilt (RPI: 81) is more than capable of beating almost anyone in the league at Memorial Gym. The Commodores beat Tennessee in Nashville on Wednesday before losing at home Saturday to Arkansas, a win that drew multiple sarcastic tweets from the media covering the Hogs, who have grown weary of writing about one road loss after another in SEC play.

"I just think it's a company line and it's one the SEC hasn't been able to shake for a couple of years," Kennedy said last week. "I just think it's an easy company line. I do think there is a bias in the national media because they get tired of talking about the SEC because it dominates in football. And they just get tired of it. So when there's an opportunity to talk about something else, that's what they're going to do. …You can't feed two masters a lot of times. Many times, we're a slow build."

Last week, Kentucky lost at LSU, then won at Missouri. The Wildcats still dropped seven spots in the Associated Press poll.

"It's kind of crazy, the mindset," Kennedy said.

In the final analysis, likely bubble teams such as Tennessee, Ole Miss, Missouri, LSU and possibly Arkansas will be judged and evaluated on their own merits and not as a group. If Ole Miss fails to make the NCAA tournament, it will likely look back on narrow losses to Mercer, Dayton and Oregon and wish it could have one or two of those back. If the Rebels get back to the dance, it will likely mean they took care of business on the road in the final weeks and knocked off Kentucky or Florida in Oxford later this month.

However, Ole Miss has road games at Alabama (RPI: 109), Georgia (115), Arkansas (75) and Texas A&M (145) left on the slate. Realistically, Ole Miss must go 3-1 or better in those four games to feel good about its chances. Winning at Coleman Coliseum, Stegeman Coliseum and Bud Walton Arena is no easy assignment.

Kennedy, for his part, said he doesn't believe an anti-SEC bias creeps into the committee room.

"I don't think so," Kennedy said. "I don't think those people get caught up in it. We're all human, and it's human nature, but in the end, the numbers are going to say what the numbers are going to say. The numbers on that piece of paper have got to make sense, and if they make sense, then our league will be properly represented.

"I think the league is sitting in a much better place today than it was this time last year, the biggest reason being that even the teams that are at the bottom, it's not so weighty at the bottom. We had two or three 200-plus RPI teams last year and we lost to a couple of them. As a result, it makes the climb very difficult to get up and out of. This year, that's not the case."

2. Speaking of winning on the road, Missouri continues to struggle at it. The Tigers lost at Ole Miss Saturday, 91-88, losing a chance at what would have been a huge RPI win. Missouri is now No. 51 in the RPI; Ole Miss is No. 55.

The Rebels' win dramatically enhanced their NCAA tournament resume. If you're an Ole Miss fan, you now need Mizzou to do some winning and climb into the top 50 of the RPI. Ole Miss sports several top-100 wins but none over teams in the top 50 as of Sunday.

This week is critical for Ole Miss. The Rebels travel to Alabama Tuesday and to Georgia Saturday. If they can find a way to take care of business in both venues, the next week would be one Rebel basketball fanatics have dreamed of for years. Kentucky and Florida head to Oxford on Feb. 18 and 22, respectively. A win over either team would likely push Ole Miss to the right side of the bubble. A sweep of the Wildcats and Gators in Oxford would all but clinch a bid.

Before we move on, here are a few leftover thoughts from the Rebels' win over Missouri:

A. Jarvis Summers didn't have a great first half. However, the Rebels' junior point guard came up huge in the final 20 minutes, hitting big shots with Missouri focused on Marshall Henderson.

"He made big plays for us," Kennedy said. "It's a long season and I'm playing him heavy, heavy minutes. I didn't think he had much pop early when Marshall was making a bunch of shots, so we were able to still be effective without Jarvis playing at the level we've become accustomed. In the second half, I knew he needed the ball. He needed to make some plays."

B. Sebastian Saiz had 10 rebounds Saturday, including four on the offensive glass. That only told part of the story, though, as the freshman was incredibly active keeping plays alive with his tenacity. The Spaniard is looking more and more like a future star, especially if he will embrace the weight room the way he embraces competition.

"When our frontcourt can get 21 rebounds, it gives us a chance," Kennedy said, referring to Aaron Jones' 11 rebounds combined with Saiz's efforts.

C. In a one-possession game, every play is important. However, few were bigger than Anthony Perez's offensive rebound off a missed free throw in the final minute Saturday. Perez ended up on the line himself after collecting the board. He made both free throws to extend the Rebels' lead. He and LaDarius White remain the Rebels' wildcards. When one or both play well --- they both were solid Saturday --- Ole Miss is an excellent team.

"It was huge," Kennedy said. "It was a hustle play, a winning play. Anthony was one of those guys I wasn't real excited with early in the second half. He missed a layup and then missed two free throws and hung his head. I took him out. For him to come in then and go 4-for-4 down the stretch at the free throw line, it showed huge maturity."

D. Kennedy once again referred to his group as a "delicate team," Saturday, noting that while he wants them to play with a sense of urgency, he has to remember he's still dealing with young players at a number of spots.

"I don't want to put too much pressure on them," Kennedy said. "I want them to play free. I thought we played free early (Saturday), got a little tight. They kept attacking us. They're a good team. We were able to step up. …(Henderson) was able to make a couple of threes to get us back up six, seven, and then I think everybody relaxed and we were able to get into a better flow."

3. Tad Smith Coliseum was packed on Saturday afternoon. That hasn't been the case throughout the SEC this season. Jon Solomon wrote a story Saturday for al.com chronicling some of the struggles SEC schools have had getting fans to become engaged in basketball.

According to Solomon's story, the SEC is averaging 10,126 fans per game in announced attendance, down one percent from this time last year. Entering this season, the average crowd nationally at men's college basketball games had declined for six consecutive years. The SEC is being proactive, looking for solutions.

"People in our league would say the SEC needs to get stronger and win more games and have more quality teams, and I would agree with all of that," SEC associate commissioner Mark Whitworth told al.com. "But we've already engaged ESPN in saying, 'Hey, it makes great television for you when all our venues are packed. If it's not, it diminishes the product."

The SEC, Solomon reported, is interested in creating unique content from ESPN at arenas. An example cited in the story was ESPN analyst Bobby Knight conducting a "chalk talk" just for fans at the arena.

"Something like that gives fans a more compelling reason to go," Whitworth told al.com. "It's almost as if you get more of the great content from ESPN is you're sitting at home."

Ole Miss' attendance is up 22 percent from this time last year. Only LSU (+24 percent) has had a higher increase. Georgia (+13 percent), Florida (+11 percent), South Carolina and Arkansas (each +7 percent) and Mississippi State (+2 percent) have seen increases at the gate this year. Kentucky has held steady, while Missouri (-23 percent), Texas A&M (-16 percent), Vanderbilt and Tennessee (-11 percent each), Alabama (-10 percent) and Auburn (-8 percent) have seen attendance fall off.

It's a storyline SEC athletic administrators are watching closely. ESPN and other television deals have been financial windfalls for the league, sure, but if fans stop coming to games, revenue streams will dry up. It's a fine line to walk, and rest assured it will be a major topic in Atlanta next month at the SEC tournament and in Destin, Fla., at the league's annual spring meetings.

4. The 2014 recruiting season has been wrapped up and the focus already shifted to 2015. Before we completely turn the page, Chase Parham and I will give you a little bit of a behind-the-scenes look at Ole Miss' recruiting efforts sometime in the next couple of days.

I won't spoil that piece here, but I will reiterate what I've said in several forums already: This was a solid building block of a class Ole Miss just landed. It wasn't perfect --- the Rebels needed a big-time running back and could've used a young middle linebacker of the future, for example --- but it was a class that met needs.

Some quick, final thoughts:

A. Marquis Haynes reported to campus at 220 pounds and possessing virtually no body fat. Haynes can really run, and Ole Miss' coaches are fired up about his future. The key for Haynes over the next few months is adding some mass. He'll be a Paul Jackson project.
B. Jeremy Liggins had gotten over 300 pounds when he arrived in Oxford. Hugh Freeze joked Friday that he'd love to see Liggins get down to 250 or so, but the former Lafayette High School star might not have that kind of body. Ole Miss coaches like his work ethic, and they seem quite confident Liggins will have a role, though no one seems particularly sure what that role will be.
C. Realistically, it will be July before Tee Shepard gets to Oxford. It might even be August. He's got work to do academically, but there's a path to eligibility. The people who argue otherwise are simply wrong.
D. Ole Miss coaches feel they got another really good cornerback in Kendarius Webster. He's big, physical and has good speed. Cornerback was a need position, and the Rebels think they filled it.
E. Ole Miss followed Tennessee's recruiting with an interested eye. The Volunteers' blueshirting (signing prospects and counting them forward, something allowed only if the prospect does not take an official visit and is not the subject of an in-home visit) is something Ole Miss will at least remember as an option in the future. Ole Miss, for example, could have blueshirted Lafayette High School speedster D.K. Buford. Just something to keep an eye on going forward, though I didn't get a sense that it was something Freeze wanted to do much of.
F. Ole Miss will only have 17 scholarships next season if there's no attrition. There will be attrition, of course, but don't be shocked if the Rebels are pretty selective early on as they pursue their 2015 class.
G. This Decorius Law thing is much ado about nothing. He's not qualifying. He'll have to go the junior college route. His mother was set on him signing with Ole Miss, and she liked the plan the Rebels had for him. His father, however, had different ideas. What a mess. I'm thankful for my parents; let me put it that way.

5. Ole Miss opens its baseball season on Friday. Over the past few seasons, I've covered precious little Rebel baseball. Chase does so good of a job covering the program that I just stay out of the way and serve as a sounding board of sorts. So I have no great observations to make today. This column will force me to keep up a bit more this season, but I bring up baseball today to say this: There's a certain bloodlust, if you will, from a certain portion of the fanbase wanting Ole Miss to move on from Mike Bianco.

I get it, I suppose. Bianco has built a monster and the monster must be fed. Ole Miss fans have developed an Omaha-or-bust mentality, and that's a by-product of success. I have no idea how this season will unfold. Some people I trust have whispered cautionary words in my ear, telling me they expect a real step back. If that happens, there will be calls for change.

Ole Miss, thanks to Bianco, has evolved into an elite job. The facility is second to none, there's an avid fan following and prospects love the idea of being a part of the program. However, the scholarship limitations as opposed to other SEC powers (LSU, Vanderbilt, Florida, et. al.) are real, and any coach is going to do some soul-searching before coming to Ole Miss to replace a guy with Bianco's resume, knowing the expectations are crazy high.

Personally, I believe Ross Bjork wants to keep Bianco around. He runs a steady, clean program, recruits good kids, is involved in the community, etc. Replacing him with someone who would do a better overall job would be difficult.

Just food for thought.

6. If the NBA Playoffs began today, the Memphis Grizzlies wouldn't be a part of them. That doesn't mean the Grizzlies will be sellers at the trade deadline later this month. In fact, the Grizzlies, according to probasketballtalk.com, have turned down overtures from multiple teams regarding forward Zach Randolph. Instead, Memphis wants to improve at small forward, where Tayshaun Prince has struggled all season. Phoenix, among others, was interested in Randolph, but Memphis is convinced if it can get to the playoffs, it can make a run. My other thoughts from the week that was in the NBA:

A. Steve Nash is 40. The Los Angeles Lakers guard/two-time NBA MVP is playing through back pain on a pain destined for nowhere. Nash's career is coming to an end in a way he never could have imagined, but he could end up being a valuable trade commodity in the next couple of weeks, especially if the Lakers are willing to admit this season is lost.
B. New NBA commissioner Adam Silver wants to raise the NBA's minimum age from 19 to 20. It's likely an idea that will lead to a great deal of debate. I'm torn. Guys like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett and LeBron James didn't need two years of college. Others do. I'm not sure there's a pure answer.
C. Quote of the week: "Dirk is Dirk. He's a German assassin." ? Boston Celtics forward Gerald Wallace on Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki

7. The following is from NFL writer Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer, who opines that the Carolina Panthers might not be able to afford to keep former Ole Miss standout/Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy:

"The Carolina Panthers were about $16 million over the salary cap when general manager Dave Gettleman was hired last January.
A little more than a year later, the Panthers sit nearly $16 million below the projected $126.3 million cap for 2014. The $16 million figure includes the $11.6 million the Panthers will carry over in unused cap space from 2013.
On the surface, the Panthers appear to be much in better shape ? until you factor in the Kraken Situation.
The Kraken is the make-believe sea creature Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy has adopted as his alter ego. But Hardy's pending free agency presents a very real issue for the Panthers.
Hardy is coming off a 15-sack season that tied the franchise's single-season record set by Kevin Greene in 1998. Hardy wants to be paid like one of the game's best pass-rushers. To this point, the Panthers have given little indication they plan on doing that.
Nearly half of Hardy's sack total in 2013 came during a seven-sack barrage in the final two regular-season games against New Orleans and Atlanta. Hardy was shut out in the playoff loss to San Francisco when the 49ers turned their protections to him.
The Panthers could slap the franchise tag on Hardy at a cost of about $12 million, but that would eat up most of their available cap space. In a tag-and-trade scenario, the Panthers could net more draft picks ? or at least a higher pick ? than the third-round compensatory selection they'd likely receive if Hardy leaves as a free agent.
With huge deals on the horizon for quarterback Cam Newton and middle linebacker Luke Kuechly, and potentially defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, the Panthers can't afford to have a ton of money tied up in two pass rushers.
A year after losing Julius Peppers to free agency before the 2010 season, the Panthers gave defensive end Charles Johnson the most lucrative deal in franchise history ? six years and $78 million.
Hardy will be looking for more than that, and could get it from a team in need of an elite pass rusher, including two from the NFC South in Atlanta and Tampa Bay.
New Bucs coach Lovie Smith was in Chicago when the Bears made Peppers a $91 million man. Smith and new Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier have made it clear improving the pass rush is a priority.
"He's asking for Charles Johnson money," Joel Corry, a former NFL agent who writes for cbssports.com, said of Hardy. "Pass rushers are always paid a premium. If you get a young one like him on the open market with a team with an abundance of cap room like Oakland..."
Losing Hardy ? especially to a division rival ? would be tough for the league's second-ranked defense. But keeping him at an exorbitant cost could hamstring the efforts by Gettleman to get the Panthers' salary cap in order in the next two years."

My take: Hardy was fantastic in 2013, and he's a freak of an athlete with a huge upside. He's proven he can be motivated by the prospect of money. Now the Panthers --- and other franchises, potentially --- have to decide if Hardy can still be motivated once the money is in hand. It's the type of decision that shapes NFL franchises.

8. I've been a Chicago Cubs fan for as long as I can remember. I've suffered through losing decades, the devastation of three straight losses in San Diego in October 1984, the heartbreak of letting Greg Maddux go via free agency in 1992, the Steve Bartman game, the collapse against Los Angeles in October 2008 and more. I'll remain a Cubs fan, I suspect, until my dying breath, as depressing as that thought is.

I love the city. It has a vibe, a heartbeat, that I enjoy. I love the ballpark, its tradition and history, and the neighborhood and pubs all around it.

I love what the baseball people in charge of the Cubs are doing these days --- accumulating high-level offensive prospects who appear poised to turn the team into contenders in the National League Central by 2016.

However, I'm growing tired of owner Tom Ricketts and his ridiculous threats to leave Wrigley Field. Ricketts is fighting the rooftop owners across Sheffield and Waveland avenues. Ricketts wants a huge video board in the outfield; the rooftop owners protest. Ricketts has insisted the club must create new revenue streams before he can invest in high-priced free agents.

Ricketts, at least in my humble opinion, should tell the rooftop owners to pound sand if they won't reach an agreement with the club. Build the scoreboard, put a shopping mall/hotel around the park, whatever. It's your team. You paid for it; do with it as you please.

Ricketts should just stop with the Wrigley threat unless he's actually willing to follow through. It makes him look weak, and for Cubs fans like myself who just want to see a winner, nothing is more disheartening.

9. I was searching for topics Sunday night when the news broke regarding Missouri defensive end Michael Sam. Sam, who spent a week in Mobile last month at the Senior Bowl auditioning for the NFL, confirmed Sunday that he is gay. From SI.com:

"Michael Sam was known principally as a fierce and ferocious 260-pound Missouri defensive end, the 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year and a potential high-round pick in May's NFL draft. From the draftnik's notebooks: He holds the point of attack. He has a good motor. He can play 4-3 or 3-4.

True, Sam played unremarkably at the Senior Bowl last month, but he was stationed for the first time at outside linebacker. His maturity -- he's already 24 -- and work ethic reside on the extreme edge of the bell curve.

Yet for all he accomplished in four years at Columbia, today Sam became known as something else, something unique in the history of football: an openly gay player on the cusp of his career. Regardless of his 40 time or his performance in the three-cone drill or his Wonderlic score, Sam is now the most intriguing prospect in the NFL. In an act that is at once courageous, unprecedented and postmodern, he has asserted that he is gay. "I'm Michael Sam. I'm a football player and I'm gay," he told The New York Times.

A year ago, NFL teams were rightfully criticized for asking potential draft picks questions on the order of "Do you have a girlfriend?" This year, Sam will save them the trouble of having to ask.

If Jason Collins demolished one barrier last year -- declaring that he was gay within days of finishing his 12th NBA season -- Sam laid ruin to another by coming out before the draft. Where Collins is a Stanford grad from Los Angeles, Sam is more than a decade younger and hails from Hitchcock, Texas (pop. 7,200). And unlike Collins -- who surprised his twin brother with his revelation -- Sam's sexuality was not a closely guarded secret at Missouri.

Sam says he came out to his Missouri teammates last August. Coaches and classmates also knew he was gay well before today. Multiple sources have told SI that Sam strongly considered making an announcement late last summer and was willing to play his senior season as an openly homosexual athlete. (He decided against it at the last minute.)

Word of Sam's intentions to come out spread beyond Mizzou. Last month, an SI writer approached Sam at the Senior Bowl and asked whether he would like to collaborate on a piece about his sexuality. Sam politely demurred, but he hardly appeared troubled or surprised by the inquiry. He assured the writer that it was okay that he had asked and added matter-of-factly, "It's going to be a big deal no matter who I do it with."

It's telling, too, that no one in Sam's orbit "outed" him, enabling him to tell his story on his terms and timetable. At some level this is a story about a generation gap. Sam and his cohort were raised in the era of Will & Grace and Modern Family, not The Brady Bunch, let alone My Three Sons. Friends, coaches and teammates all invoked the same line: It just wasn't a big deal.

It remains to be seen, of course, whether Sam's sexuality will be a big deal in the NFL. The history is stubbornly uneven. As intensely analyzed as Sam will be, the NFL and entire Republic of Football will come under great scrutiny. When it was recently revealed that multiple key members of the 1993 Houston Oilers were gay, the response -- then and now -- was a collective shrug. "Listen, those guys that we're talking about were unbelievable teammates," said Pro Bowl linebacker Lamar Lathon. "And if you wanted to go to war with someone, you would get those guys first. Because I have never seen tougher guys than those guys." On the other hand, it was barely a year ago that 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver warned that a gay teammate wouldn't be welcome in the locker room, and barely a week ago that Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma expressed concern that a gay teammate might look at him in the shower.

There were murmurs last season that four prominent NFL players were going to come out en masse, buffered by "straight allies" such as punter Chris Kluwe and ex-linebacker Brendan Ayanbadejo. While the rhetoric of acceptance suggested that perhaps a football locker room wasn't the benighted cave it's been cracked up to be, the fact remains, the players never emerged. Instead? There were Kluwe's allegations that his special teams coach in Minnesota expressed a desire to "round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

As for where Sam will get drafted, consider that he is the 11th man to win the SEC Defensive Player of the Year award. Each of the previous 10 winners was drafted prominently, eight in the first round."

My thoughts: It took courage for Sam to publicly admit that he's gay. If I'm an NFL franchise, I don't care about his sexuality. I want to know if he can get to the quarterback. I want to know if he's dependable. I want to know if he can be a good teammate. If I'm an NFL general manager or coach, I couldn't care less about his sexual preferences. If I'm an NFL GM or coach, I make note of the fact that his Missouri teammates knew all of last season that Sam was gay and no one outed him.

This will be a major national story over the next few days. That's understandable. Someone had to be first. Jason Collins was at the end of his NBA career when he came out of the closet. Sam is embarking on his NFL career. I suspect we'll find that most people are like me; I simply don't care.

In football, it's a bottom-line deal. One either helps his team win games or he doesn't. Sam clearly helped Missouri win games. If I'm a GM or coach, that's enough for me.

10. Marcus Smart was suspended three games Sunday, one day after the Oklahoma State star pushed Texas Tech fan Jeff Orr following a confrontation in Lubbock, Texas, Saturday night.

Initial reports were that Smart pushed Orr after Orr told him to "Go back to Africa." Some reports even alleged that Orr punctuated that sentence with a racial slur.

On Sunday, Texas Tech released video that it says proves Orr called Smart "a piece of crap." The video, Texas Tech said in a statement, proved that Orr did not use any racial slurs during the brief confrontation.

In the video, which I've watched a dozen times now, I think I hear Orr call Smart "a piece of crap," but there's so much background that there seems to be no way to know with certainty what else Orr or anyone else said.

I want to know what was said. The only thing that rivals the nastiness that is racism is someone falsely accusing someone of making a racist comment. If Orr called Smart "a piece of crap," one could argue that he's a punk or a jerk, but there's nothing racist about that comment.

Orr, according to Texas Tech, will not attend any more Red Raider games this season, home or way. The fan, it seems, has a history of antagonizing opposing players.

Regardless of what was said, Smart simply can't go into the crowd and confront a fan. He just can't. He has to know better. Further, Smart has to know that getting into a physical confrontation with a fan is an absolute no-no. The suspension --- Smart pushed Orr; he didn't punch him --- is appropriate.

Smart should have left Oklahoma State a year ago. He would've been a top five pick in the NBA draft. He'll still go very high, but now, he has this issue hanging over him. I tend to think he'll learn his lesson and move on. Further, one has to believe Orr won't ever harass an opposing player again. He'll never attend another game without the camera on him. Such is life these days.

Fans need to know, however, that players aren't machines. They hear words, and those words hurt.

Kevin Durant was asked about the incident Sunday afternoon, minutes after leading the Oklahoma City Thunder to a win over the New York Knicks.

"Marcus Smart is a good kid," Durant said. "We should just love on him and show him some grace and move on. Words do hurt. If you wouldn't say that walking down the street, then you should keep that to yourself. It's easy for you guys to judge him because you have never been in that situation. I'm not sure I would have reacted any different."

This post was edited on 2/9 9:57 PM by Neal McCready

This post was edited on 2/10 5:48 AM by Neal McCready

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News