ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Preseason Predictions

umgrad92

Second Team QB
Gold Member
I will have an abbreviated (for me) 2023 SEC Preseason Prediction Thread.
East
1. Georgia (12-0 (8-0) Too much talent. Hopefully we can get a 2nd shot at them in Atlanta.
2. South Carolina (9-3) (6-2) Beamer is doing great things in Columbia. They will lose to Georgia and either TN or aTm and split with UNC and Clemson.
3. Tennessee (8-4) (5-3) Life Champions not quite back, but NIL era plays in their favor long term. Losses to Georgia and Alabama (big) and loses 2 of 3 with Florida, aTm, and USCe.
4. Florida (7-5) (4-4) Napier's seat starts warming. Losses to Georgia, USCe, LSU, and split with TN and Ark and Split non con with Utah and FSU.
5. Kentucky (6-6) (2-6) Stoops does about as good as Kentucky can do in 2023. Losses to UGA, USCe, TN, FL, and AL. Split with MSU and Mizzou. Beat Louisville for bowl bid.
6. Mizzou (5-7) (2-6) Drinkwitz's act starts to sour in COMO. Losses to UGA, USCe, TN, FL, LSU, and Split with UK and Ark. Loss to Kansas State in non con.
7. Vandy ( 3-9) (0-8) I like their coach, Charlie Lea, but they just don't have the players. Loss to Wake or UNLV in addition to all conference games.

WEST
1. Ole Miss (11-1) (7-1) Pass the Kool-Aid. We have our most talented team overall...ever. Why not us? For once, everything falls into place. Upset Bama in T-town and lose to UGA. Get that rematch in Atlanta.
2. Alabama (10-2) (6-2) Murmuring starts getting louder about Saban's age in T-town. Losses to Ole Miss and either aTm or LSU.
3. LSU (9-3) (6-2) Is Brian Kelly the guy for LSU? Grumbling abounds in Tiger town. Losses to Ole Miss and either Alabama or aTm. Loss to FSU (again) in the opener.
4. Texas A&M (8-4) (4-4) Jimbo and Bobby survive the year together, somehow. Losses to Ole Miss and split with LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, USCe, and TN.
5. Arkansas (7-5) (3-5) Rumblings about Pittman grow more abundant. Losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, and split with Auburn, aTm, FLA, and Mizzou.
6. Auburn (6-6) (2-6) Weak non con gets Bro Hugh to a bowl in year 1. Losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, UGA, and 1-2 split with aTm, Ark, MSU.
7. MSU (5-7) ( 1-7) Ditto for non con and Arnette. Losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, LSU, USCe, and aTm, and 1-2 split with Ark, Auburn, UK.

SECCG - Ole Miss 30 vs UGA 23 (Both make playoff)

ETA - I typed all of this sober as a judge. Go REBS! HYDR!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News