ADVERTISEMENT

2025 baseball roster

greb25

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2020
I mean if we are running it back, I have roster questions.

I’ll preface with I understand many find it hard to give a damn about baseball next year with Mike being back. I, for one, just want to see Ole Miss baseball get back to what they’ve been for so long. I don’t care if it’s Mike that gets us back or whoever. I wanted a change, but Mike is the coach, so I’ll root for him to get us back on track.

First, @Chase Parham , do you anticipate Ole Miss getting in the $2M range in NIL? We need so much from the portal again, so I’m guessing that’s where we need to be.

Returning players expected to contribute:

C - Smithwick / best available from portal
1B- Furniss / Portal
2B - Hill
SS - Randle / Portal
3B - Fischer
LF - Portal / Smithwick?
CF - Portal
RF - Portal

Basically that’s 5 bats returning that can be penciled in the lineup. Positioning tbd. We need 4 bats from the portal. Maybe 5 depending on Randle. I’m not counting incoming freshman because it’s literally impossible to know who will or won’t be ready. Odds are 1, maybe 2 if we’re lucky.

I think we need to go get the best SP we can get in the portal for the Friday nights. I don’t know what Maddox or Nichols are doing. Hopefully worst case scenario we get one of the two back to go with a portal SP and Doyle and weekend rotation will look pretty good on paper.

I’m not going through the bullpen. We need a few pen arms obviously.

TL;DR - we need the best 4 bats and a weekend starter most importantly. Then a few pen arms. It’s not an impossible task, but it’s also not ideal. Thoughts?

Reactions: pocketpasser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News