ADVERTISEMENT

$32 million for the softball stadium?????

wallstreetrebel

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2004
Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they are getting a decent facility, but hearing that price tag on the Podcast today gave me a little sticker shock, it just seems like an awful lot for a facility no bigger than that. Have construction costs really gone up that much?

Seems like we use to have a few alums with construction companies who gave us better deals, in this case, the construction company must be owned by a bunch of State grads LOL, it sure doesn’t sound like a great deal. Based on the video of the facility. I would have guessed it would have come in at about $20 million, after all, they are leaving the softball indoor practice facility in place. Obviously, $20 million just does not buy what it use to, but that facility does not look like $32 million to me, I was looking for the retractable roof LOL. Again, I am not against women’s athletics, far from it, but wow that seems like a whole lot of money for a sport that will probably never do anything financially, but lose money. Right now they are not drawing but a few hundred a game with free admission.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News