ADVERTISEMENT

4-star 2017 WR D.D. Bowie flips commitment to Ole Miss

rebmeister

All America Prospect
Feb 11, 2005
Jackson, MS

Bowie is the No. 1 player in the state of Mississippi and the No. 2 wide receiver in the 2017 class. Coming from the home of former Rebel great Shay Hodge, Bowie has a similar skill set but with more burst. Already 6'1 and 185, Bowie has plenty of room to grow on his frame without having to compromise speed. That rare trifecta of size, speed and athleticism is really hard to find at the receiver position and Grant Heard seems to have a knack for finding it and bringing it to Oxford, Miss. And that trifecta is put to use for Morton in several ways as Bowie plays receiver, running back and returns kicks.

Bowie already shows above average route running and recognizing coverages which could help him break into the rotation early. Bowie's biggest weapon in his arsenal is the conundrum he puts defenders in when he gets in space. His rare combo of size and speed is a lot for linebackers to handle and undersized corners will also struggle to keep up with him and bring him down once he has the football in his hands. Overall, this is a huge pickup for Ole Miss in the 2017 class and Grant Heard is once again earning his keep on the crootin trail.
http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015...017-wr-d-d-bowie-flips-commitment-to-ole-miss

Ahhhh . . . is our little trolly rolly upset that Bammer got beat by the Rebels twice in one season? :cry:

I have been watching this kid play for Morton since he was a ninth grader .H e is the real deal.He has great speed and is very athletic and also runs with power.I watched Deuce and Shay play in high school at Morton and I believe that DD has skills as good as both of them.Good pickup for Ole miss .Hope we can keep him

Reactions: msdeltareb
Why do you guys keep replying to this troll? I'm sick of looking through this board and seeing "GhostOfMatches..." on every single thread. He clearly brings nothing to any conversation so just stop taking the bait!!!

Why do you guys keep replying to this troll? I'm sick of looking through this board and seeing "GhostOfMatches..." on every single thread. He clearly brings nothing to any conversation so just stop taking the bait!!!
He brings a little amusement to what is another embarassing day for the university formerly know as ole miss

Ole Miss got Cody Core and Trae Elston out of Alabama and both would start for Bama. Bama doesn't have one WR who would make our rotation.

Yes I know, it's Mississippi that's known as the recruiting black hole, not Alabama. The Oxford Machine is the Event Horizon.

Never heard of Cody Core, but glad you like him. Our WRs are definitely pedestrian, but Calvin Ridley has more receiving yards that anyone on your team not named 'LaQuan Treadwell'. Robert Foster would as well, if he hadn't gotten injured in the Ole Miss game.

I posted similar sentiments a few days ago. Totally agree!

Yes I know, it's Mississippi that's known as the recruiting black hole, not Alabama. The Oxford Machine is the Event Horizon.

Never heard of Cody Core, but glad you like him. Our WRs are definitely pedestrian, but Calvin Ridley has more receiving yards that anyone on your team not named 'LaQuan Treadwell'. Robert Foster would as well, if he hadn't gotten injured in the Ole Miss game.

Well, you're contradicting the SEC stats...and on top of that you're a LIAR.
Ole Miss has 3 receivers in the top 15 in the SEC: #1 Treadwell, #12 Core, and #13 Adeboyejo. Bama has only one in the top 15: #8 Ridley.
http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/player/receiving

Well, you're contradicting the SEC stats...and on top of that you're a LIAR.
Ole Miss has 3 receivers in the top 15 in the SEC: #1 Treadwell, #12 Core, and #13 Adeboyejo. Bama has only one in the top 15: #8 Ridley.
http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/player/receiving

Apparently you cannot read. I said Calvin Ridley had more receiving yards than any WR on your team other than Treadwell. Your link verifies this information and corroborates my claim.

Take a lap.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT