ADVERTISEMENT

6 minutes left in the game and

cwtrader1863

Two-Star Prospect
Sep 8, 2003
MSU 15 free throws to our 6? Every time we go to Starkville this happens. Only way MSU can win.

State took it inside most of the game while Ole Miss lived with the outside jumpers. The game was evenly called. The first half non goal tending call was offset by the second half call of a phantom foul on Summers by Ready and the non call when Moody knocked Ready down late going for the ball. All and all, the refs had no impact on the game. The better team won.

You are correct. I thought there were some missed calls both ways. All in all it was an evenlyl called game.

22-7 free throws with under a minute to go. Our last 4 free throws gave us 11 total for game but refs had to call those intentional fouls. My point is every year in Starkville this happens...2 to 3x the free throws. Look back just the last 10 years. College basketball is so physical they could call a foul every other trip down the court. If you look at UM-MSU games in Oxford the last 10 years free throws are more balanced. Be nice to see it at both coliseums.

19 personal fouls to 14. Not too bad. I think last time we played them at the Hump they shot about 40 FT's.

Ranch- I was shocked when we played MSU in Oxford. First time in many years I saw the free throws favor us heavily.

Me too. If I remember right up to that game we had been outshot at the FT line in every SEC game but one. Since then things have been pretty decent with the calling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT