ADVERTISEMENT

PODCAST A few Cliff's Notes from Ross yesterday

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
For those who don't or haven't listened.

A few interesting things from Ross yesterday thought I recommend the listen since it's 50 minutes worth of stuff:

Things that define the football season for him: a winning season, offensive points, improvement throughout the year and some semblance of better defense. McGriff knows it has to be better.

Expects Kermit to be in the NCAA conversation every season once the program becomes his. Loves what he's doing in the community. Said that's much needed because basketball lags behind baseball right now in gross revenue.

Mike got extended back out to the full four years. I asked how you judge regular seasons vs. postseasons and Ross said the main goal is to put yourself in position and Mike does that. He did go on to say that the hump needed to be gotten over next year.

Facilities are mostly caught up though there's the need for new soccer and softball venues at some point. Also, the school is nearing the point where you have to decide whether to keep putting lipstick on VHS or completely start over.

There are no WBB expectations early on other than get the culture right.

Ole Miss is only a spectator in the Rebel Rags suit and there's not the belief that it's a benefit to Ole Miss.

The points program changes do hurt those who only buy season tickets compared to previous years, but it was done so that there's a difference in that and extra gifts -- and that those gifts can continue to be tax deductible.

I'm sure there are more things I'm forgetting, but that's the cliffs for a few things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News