ADVERTISEMENT

A few logical Ole Miss OL thoughts

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
I heard a writer questioning the offensive line yesterday on a pod. First off, that’s a perfectly understandable thought. I get it. Here’s is why I’m convinced that this line will be better.

At worst, none of the players we brought in are more talented than last years OL. That’s doubtful, but a possibility. In this case, everyone who played last year is one year more experienced. One year longer in the system. One more year in the strength and conditioning program. One more year of playing with their teammates. One more offseason to improve health. This is the worst case scenario, barring injury.

What’s more likely is that one or probably more of the transfers are an upgrade at their respective spot. That’s improvement from a year ago.

What’s even more likely (to me) is that two to three of the additions are talent improvements allowing the OL to have each man at their best position for a much improved offensive line with an excess of experienced depth.

The early injuries are hopefully a blessing in disguise. Both will be back, likely before the meat of the schedule, which will allow the line to build even more playable depth in games that the outcome shouldn’t be an issue.

If you feel differently, I’m happy to know why.

The only obvious (to me) drop in talent on this team is losing Judkins and not having someone who has proven that they can take the majority of the carries, and is dependable and durable enough to make it through an entire SEC schedule.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.