ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts as I take my morning break

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Love the way that coaches and former players/analyst talk about this group and the staff. The staff is starting to get some respect that is well deserved. Heard Cube talk about the “brain trust” in our building yesterday and how it is second to none. Love that we will be mentally prepared and put in a position for success in every game we play in. Loved hearing Mark Stoops talking about our scheme and how we put so much stress on a defense with Dart being so experienced and comfortable in this offense. How the tempo is constantly putting pressure on a defense. How we are committed to the run game. How we play off it with play action and the RPO game. Loved hearing him compliment the speed/size/length of our defense. Pete has us playing pretty sound and really flying around. The speed with which we get to the ball carrier is what pops off the screen at me. We ply with a measured edge on defense and I freaking love it.

I love love love that Tennessee is getting all the press right now. Let’s keep flying under the radar, improving, getting reps, and racking up decisive wins in league play. The longer this team isn’t getting its due from the talking heads the better. The truth is that these two teams are eerily similar and sort of built the same way.

I expect us to kind of whip Kentucky. To me, and I could be wrong, this is a team that we’re built to dominate. We can jump out to a lead and put some stress on their offense. That could lead to them getting out of their plan, something I don’t think theyre comfortable with, and it could get out of hand fairly quickly.

I’m as jacked for a conference opener as I’ve been in a long time.

LFG.

Feel free to add any non-political thoughts you have to the thread. Any special ways you’re watching the game? Any cool plans?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.