ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Something I want our fans to take into consideration is that this team exorcised some real demons yesterday. To go on the road and play against a team whose obvious strength was directly matched up with our supposed weakness, in that environment, and get a decisive victory is no small feat.

Losing to Kentucky was heartbreaking. It was awful. It was obvious all week at work that they were gut punched and shaken. You could feel it in the building. They were hearing it from everyone. It was all over social media. It was our own fanbase. It was everywhere. Every National pod I listened to this week was calling them frauds, questioning their talent, their heart, their coach, and their resolve. A whole lot of “they don’t belong” and other stuff of that nature. They heard it all. To get up off the mat and go perform today was awesome. Was it perfect? No. Did we leave points on the field? Yes. But we won. And we won in a way that leaves no doubt about what they’re made of.

I don’t know what the future holds for this group, but I’m excited. They showed real guts this week and that should make our fans really proud. Lots of teams would’ve folded, but this is a special group of kids. Enjoy what we’ve got here. It doesn’t come around every season.

Can’t wait for Saturday night in Baton Rouge. LFG!

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.