ADVERTISEMENT

A handful of recruiting nuggets

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
We'll obviously have much, much more as the day and days unfold, but here are a couple of notes on players who weren't here yesterday:

Madison, Miss., defensive tackle Bryon Bennett stayed home to study for the ACT. My source on Bennett believes Ole Miss has moved into a huge lead for his services, though he expects Bennett to continue to play somewhat coy in his public comments.

Macon, Miss., wide receiver Vincent Sanders was at Florida State yesterday and loved it. I'm told he will likely start naming the Seminoles his new leader, and it jives with an undercurrent I'm getting from people closer to the Ole Miss program that the Rebels and Sanders aren't exactly on the same page lately.

Miss. Gulf Coast CC defensive end Wayne Dorsey took an official visit to Florida State on Saturday. We'll wait for the Warchant.com story to come out regarding the visit, but I'm hearing the Seminoles are very enamored with Dorsey and will pursue him diligently. However, there seems to be a growing consensus that Dorsey really wants to play in the SEC and there is a guarded optimism that he ultimately chooses Ole Miss over the 'Noles and North Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News