ADVERTISEMENT

After Hours GoT Discussion

GoodOleArchieWho

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2015
I liked the discussion of the TV show. While I tend to disagree with some of the sentiment, I am a fan of healthy disagreement and argument.

1) The story doesn't work without the North and their "moral compass". However, the Starks are intriguing characters and I believe they will be on the winning side in the end. I would also argue that the Boltons didn't really take over the North. They have very few allies in the North and it's the hardest region to hold. I think their days are numbered.

2) The Dornish people view bastards in a completely different light than the rest of Westeros. They aren't looked down on. Also, women in Dorne can be in power. I can for sure see the purpose of Ellaria and the Sand Snakes. That being said, Doran was a terrible character and I'm glad that he's gone.

3) While I agree that being on the Lannister side has it's perks (wealth and power), it seems like they're really losing some steam. Let's be real. The two most powerful people in the family are, at best, crippled. Now, there is time for that to turn around, assuming Cersei comes out on the winning side of the Crown vs. the Faith battle. Tommen on the throne is moot. He's a puppet and will be controlled by Margaery and the Tyrells if she comes out on the winning end.

4) Tyrion and Littlefinger are by far the most intriguing characters. They are the best cast in the show, which typically, along with great writing, helps win the title of "Best Character(s)". I think people heavily overlook Bran's role in the story. He will be a vital cog in this season and he is, by far and away, the most powerful character in the entire story.

Again, I love GoT and the book series. Admittedly, I have read all 5 books (twice) but I am easily able to distinguish between good storytelling and what translate well to screen.

I will add that I never said the Starks weren't necessary. I simply said they're boring and horrid decision makers. Robb doesn't get enough credit for ending all hope for his family because he was p-whipped.
But my God, that "p" was magnificent. I'm not sure I fault him.

Reactions: StanBReb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT