ADVERTISEMENT

all sports are the same (podcast discussion)

Floridareb10

SEC Player of the Year
Jun 4, 2021
Every sport is about the big play now. In baseball, every guy tries to hit a homer in every at bat, football it’s all about spread offenses and hitting the big 20+ yard pass play (CFB add in every offense goes a million mph.) in basketball every thing is about finding a 3 point shot, and high usage rate for star players. Every sport is score, score and score some more.

And in each sport everyone plays defense the exact same way.

Baseball, every pitcher throws hard, if you’re not over 95+ you’re basically worthless. In football preventing the big play, we’ll give up these 10 yard and in dinks and dunks but not anything past that. Basketball it’s now all about switching, getting up on shooters, we’ll sacrifice a 2, won’t give you the 3.

Even soccer, most teams play the same, play from the back on offense, on defense press them real hard all over the field, try to win the ball back as soon as possible.

Yes I know there are a lot more intricacies to each sport than what I described, but that’s kinda the gist of it. Worst part is I don’t see it changing ever again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News