ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni Association- your thoughts

Colorado_Rebel

Three-Star Prospect
Sep 10, 2009
I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the Olemiss Alumni Association. Specifically how you felt your opinions were represented during the Mascot debacle. (we can all agree it could have been handled better)
I am not as active as I would like to be, but feel that the alumni association should have been more of an advocate during this process.
Also while checking out the webiste/board list I found this statement:

"If you are interested in serving the Alumni Association as a member of our Board of Directors, please send an email to the Executive Director at tim@olemissalumni.com to be considered. All board members are appointed by the Ole Miss Alumni Association President." - A bit incestuous don't ya think? If to be on the board you have to be hand selected by the president??? Lawyers pick more lawyers is what it looks like to me.
This post was edited on 10/19 12:33 PM by Colorado_Rebel

I have thougth the Alumni Association as the post-graduate Interfraternity and pan-Hellenic council

The admin does not want the opinion of the alumni cluttering up what they have planned. If you don`t beieve this, go ahead and write a letter, but don`t bother waiting on a response.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT