ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one who thinks that Ole Miss

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Can legitimately field an LSU 19 type of offense in 24?

I know that sounds crazy but I actually believe it.

- we return a third year starter at QB with the same OC and HC.

- there is finally talented depth on the OL that can withstand an injury or even two.

- THE WR group has every type of player/weapon a coach could want.

Juice: elite with ball in hand and one of the best YAC receivers in college football. I think he single-handedly brings back the screen game to Ole Miss.
Harris: one of the best 1 v 1 Receivers in college football and a 50/50 ball machine.
Watkins: Do it all slot receiver who is as dependable as it gets and will be a third year starter. Think Wes Welker
Smith: Probably the most talented overall in the group. Can do it all and has the speed and change of direction to take the top off of the defense.
Ayden Williams: I believe he is one who is currently taking a huge step. He has tremendous body control, can win 1 v 1s and is also one the most talented in this group.

Young receivers like Lee and White who are going to gain experience in out of conference games early in the season.

The TE room is absolutely stacked. Preiskorn is a traditional TE who works really well in the run game, who can win 1 v 1s, has incredible hands and has proven he can play vs high level competition.
Wright is a converted WR who has more speed and athleticism, can stretch the field, will be a matchup nightmare and will allow Lane to finally use some 12 personnel which will be lethal in tempo situations.
Don’t forget about Hudson Wolfe. He’s finally had a full off season with no health issues and would be playing for a lot of other programs. Might be the most gifted of the group.

RB: this is the only group with any questions, but after a conversation I had on Friday im confident that this group will be just fine come fall camp.

This offense has the potential and all of the pieces to be nearly impossible to stop. I don’t like sounding like a Homer, but I’ll be shocked if this offense is anything other than elite. Like, one of the best in the last 5 years elite.

Sorry for rambling but the coffee is kicking in hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News