ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone like David Lynch?

newwavedave

All-Pro NFL
Jul 29, 2005
Just watched Dune, which was directed by Lynch. Of course, he later distanced himself from the product after it was slammed by critics. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm a sci-fi fan, not so much the channel or Star Trek, more like Blade Runner, Mad Max, and any other dystopian-themed story.

Anyways, Lynch as always leaves you with the question..."What did I just watch?"

Originally posted by newwavedave:
Just watched Dune, which was directed by Lynch. Of course, he later distanced himself from the product after it was slammed by critics. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm a sci-fi fan, not so much the channel or Star Trek, more like Blade Runner, Mad Max, and any other dystopian-themed story.

Anyways, Lynch as always leaves you with the question..."What did I just watch?"

I'm not a big fan Dave. I've never actually seen Elephant Man, which I think he directed. I did see Eraserhead and Dune, and it was a little out there for me. I'd like to give twin Peaks a shot, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Mulholland Drive was a pretty good film though.

I'm just more of a gritty, period piece kind of guy.

I actually could not get through Eraserhead in its entirety.

The first season of Twin Peaks is great.

Gritty, period pieces, like All the Right Moves with Tom Cruise or The River with Mel Gibson.....great movies that capture how a place and time dictate the life of man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT