ADVERTISEMENT

Ask RG: I got rear ended and likely totaled… I have USAA and State Farm is the other guys insurance… I have an insurance question…

OrangeBeachReb

All-Pro NFL
Dec 4, 2011
Nashville
First it’s the other guys fault and nobody is disputing that. Second, everything I have read says to deal with your own insurance and not the other persons, which I am doing, so far. I have rental car coverage with USAA, and they say if my car is totaled, then I only get 1 week more of coverage, once that is determined. That is it for a rental car and to order a new Tesla will take 7+ months to deliver.

Well, State Farm called me this morning and indicated that if I work through them, and the car is totaled, that they will likely cover my rental car for the entire time I am waiting on my order. That would be a game changer.

USAA doesn’t care if I work through State Farm, but they said if I do it could take longer to get it fixed, etc. Do any of you have insight on how I should handle this? For me to have a rental car for 7 months would prevent me from having to buy a cheap car for 7 months and sell it once I take delivery. Thanks.

Reactions: North Tampa Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News