ADVERTISEMENT

at Arkansas

prentissreb

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Mar 3, 2023
My in-laws are staying with us this week, so I’m in my study with a bourbon and looking at our schedule, so indulge me.

I think the Arkansas game will dictate the rest of this season.

I expect us to come out of the bye week healthy, and ready to get the bad taste out of our mouth with a win over OU.

Then we get Arkansas on the road, likely at 11am. Really good Rebel teams have gone there and lost to inferior Arkansas teams.

If we win that game, I honestly believe we will beat Georgia at VHS the following week and be right back in the CFP discussion. We will roll over a Florida team with nothing to play for and an outmatched State team. 10-2, ranked somewhere around #12

If we lose to Arkansas, I think it becomes very difficult to keep guys engaged. The fanbase will be livid. We then lose to Georgia and the wheels fall off…lose to Florida in a sloppy game that neither team cares about. Egg Bow is probably a win, but no one will care. 7-5, Liberty Bowl bound. Opt outs galore, lose the bowl game…finish the year 7-6 unranked with a fed up fan base.

Just my prediction. I know there’s a world where we beat OU and ARK, lose to UGA and finish 8-4 or even 9-3 … but this year is starting to feel boom or bust to me. And I think it all comes down to that damn Arkansas game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.