ADVERTISEMENT

Balancing football and family.

jlittle67

Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2011
Long Beach, MS
Do any of you ever get serious pushback from your spouses/significant others for watching football on Saturdays.

My gf and I (we’ve been together about 15 months) had a huge fight about it yesterday. For some background, we lived together on the coast for a few months before she recently moved to Jackson to start law school. I’m leaving for a national guard mobilization to Arizona next month that will keep me there for about a year. She’s really been stressing about it.

So this weekend some friends of ours from the coast wanted to go up to Jackson and take her around to all their old stomping grounds and I went up too. We were supposed to go over to her one friend’s parents’ house in Bryam. I was told we were going to hang out by the pool all day and watch football, which sounded awesome and I was really looking forward to it. Friday night were at dinner and were all like “yeah Ole Miss game tomorrow, gonna be fun.”

Fast forward to Saturday, we get there around 1 and there’s one tv and it’s inside. We’re all hanging out. Then around the time our game starts I go into the living room and no one comes in there to watch it. They all go hang out by the pool. I came out there a couple of times to update them on the score and what not. When the game was over I came out to the pool and we all hung out and had a good time.

Then when we leave she’s super pissed that I didn’t come out side by the pool and skip the game.

Am I missing something here? Watching one game seems pretty reasonable to me. Like the other day when Siskey said he goes into his man cave for all of NFL Sunday I thought to myself “I’d never be able to get away with that.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News