ADVERTISEMENT

Drunkenchicken

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2021
I've waited 24 hours before posting this because I thought I would get over it...I haven't. Yesterday Ole Miss baseball tweeted out a few updates for the upcoming season via their official account. Most of the updates were great additions. New dining, new lights, and a new HVAC system after the Diamond Club turned into the Swayze location of HOTWORX are a few that caught my eye on the first graphic. The second graphic made me realize WAOM didn't die in Omaha. The official language is "parking can now be purchased prior to gameday on the CLUTCH! app for both the Ford Center and south lot." The unofficial language is, " we are trying to make more money and do not care if it hurts fans or students." Who thought it would be a good idea to release this information three days before the season starts? I would have loved to know this when I purchased my season tickets. Now for only $10 a game, or $330 for the entire season, I can park in the lot that was FREE last year. The sad thing was when I called the ticket office to buy the sold-out parking pass, they didn't know about the new change. I can entertain increasing left field "general admission" tickets by 50% to 220. I mean, that's not too bad for 33 games, but now the $10 PER GAME for parking??? This is nothing more than a money grab.

I understand progress, but I have lost faith in people making these decisions. Last year, they gave an additional row to the grilling spots because one group acted like Karens when they couldn't figure out how to put 60 chairs in an area designed for 20. Now it's the great parking wars of 2023. In a year that should be celebrated for the national championship, it just seems decisions are continuing to be made by people that haven't attended the game as a fan and only read financial ledgers.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Update: Ole Miss Baseball Twitter just released the parking map for this week. I hope you enjoy parking in the Tad Smith Parking lot and walking.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News