ADVERTISEMENT

Beard/Brandon miller/Hugh Freeze/James Franklin/Bobby Petrino - discussion from Rippee pod

Floridareb10

SEC Player of the Year
Jun 4, 2021
Before you say anything I’m happy we hired beard. Love the hire. BUT college sports is weird.
None of Beard, Brandon Miller, Hugh Freeze, or James Franklin, Bobby petrino, and I’m sure there are more names, would be a part of any professional sports organization. You think I’m wrong?

Ja morant, (all star grizzlies point guard) currently indefinitely suspended by the grizzlies. Nobody got hurt, and he apparently won’t face criminal charges, as the Denver DA said yesterday they couldn’t charge him with anything. If miller was in the nba, they would’ve held him out for a week or 2 while they investigate what happened, similar to what is currently going on with Ja.

Ime udoka, (brought Celtics to the finals last year) former boston Celtics head coach was fired by the Celtics for having a CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP with a Celtics employee. Celtics fired him a year ago, now he can’t find a job.

Miles Bridges, (12th over pick) former Charlotte Hornets player, apparently sexually assaulted his girlfriend. We don’t know what happened. He says he has filed numerous restraining orders against her. Weird situation. Hasn’t played in over 2 years.

Trevor bauer, (2020 cy young winner) allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, but was never charged with anything. His ex girlfriend even tried and failed to file a restraining order against him. This all happened in las Angeles of all places. 2 year suspension from the MLB, he’s now eligible to be reinstated, but no team has signed him.

Of course there’s also cases like Aroldis Chapman, from 2015, where we know he assaulted his girlfriend, all he got was a 60 game suspension (which is ridiculous btw.)

I’m sure there’s multiple other examples like Chapman, I just can’t think of them at the moment.

College sports are weird.

Reactions: Fabius
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News