ADVERTISEMENT

Best OM running backs rankings

Beatlesreb

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2015
Panama City, FL
You may disagree or want to add on. And that's fine. Only 1970s to present.. But here is mine: 1. Deuce 2. John Avery 3. Andre "Hammerhead" Thomas 4. Paul Hofer 5. Randy Baldwin 6. Shawn Sykes 7. Cory Philpott 8. Arthur Humphreys 9. Joe Mickles 10. Michael Sweet

Benjarvis- Greenellis and Bolden went on to NFL careers. They had to be considered decent running backs

Reactions: GoHankGo
Also, Dou Innocent & Leon Perry...believe Perry played several years with the Giants. Another pretty good one was James Storey.

Reactions: GoHankGo
Should have remembered Dexter, Dou, Bolden, and the Law Firm. Leon Perry played on a bad team, but was a great RB. I really tried to think of those who came from bad teams but played well for us, and that was during the 1970s to early 1980s. They had a great impact on their team. James Storey is another example. Obviously I didn't do too well. Like to see someone else try, or even another position.

Should have remembered Dexter, Dou, Bolden, and the Law Firm. Leon Perry played on a bad team, but was a great RB. I really tried to think of those who came from bad teams but played well for us, and that was during the 1970s to early 1980s. They had a great impact on their team. James Storey is another example. Obviously I didn't do too well. Like to see someone else try, or even another position.

James Storey played on the team that beat Notre Dame in Jackson in 1977. Notre Dame, ranked No. 3 that day, would go on to win 11 games and the national championship.
Rick Cleveland wrote a column a couple of years back about that game. IF you love Rebel football history, you'll absolutely love reading this 6 page write-up. [thumb2]
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...use-Notre-Dame-still-defining-Ole-Miss-moment

Reactions: Reblarry
James Storey played on the team that beat Notre Dame in Jackson in 1977. Notre Dame, ranked No. 3 that day, would go on to win 11 games and the national championship.
Rick Cleveland wrote a column a couple of years back about that game. IF you love Rebel football history, you'll absolutely love reading this 6 page write-up. [thumb2]
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...use-Notre-Dame-still-defining-Ole-Miss-moment
Terrific read! My father, an Ole Miss graduate and officer, was in the Navy aboard a nuclear submarine in the north Atlantic. They actually got football scores out there via antenna telecasts. He saw that score and yelled out, "Oh, sh53! Hotty Toddy!" Everyone looked at him as if he went nuts. I love Ole Miss football and read this write-up. Thanks!!

He was headed that way but dk. He had acceleration to spare.

You may disagree or want to add on. And that's fine. Only 1970s to present.. But here is mine: 1. Deuce 2. John Avery 3. Andre "Hammerhead" Thomas 4. Paul Hofer 5. Randy Baldwin 6. Shawn Sykes 7. Cory Philpott 8. Arthur Humphreys 9. Joe Mickles 10. Michael Sweet
ANY LIST THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE KAYO DOTTELY ISA FARCE!!!

ANY LIST THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE KAYO DOTTELY ISA FARCE!!!
He was before the 1970s, though. He was a great one, no one can deny that. I just came up with the list based on RBs who had a major impact for Ole Miss at the time they played. Take it for what it's worth. Not relevant now, but fun anyway. For nostalgists only! Yeah, I missed a few. Someone bail me out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT