ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom line Saturday

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Our defense should have held them to under 20 pts as they were not beat up. Our offense on the other hand, knowing we have no oline, needed to have a gameplan to compensate.

Our defense should have held them to under 20 pts as they were not beat up. Our offense on the other hand, knowing we have no oline, needed to have a gameplan to compensate.

All the defense in the world won't hold up if your offense can't sustain drives and/or turn the ball over. Missed tackles (uncharacteristic), poor coverage...We looked thoroughly confused on defense. I don't know how, all of a sudden, you forget what you're doing on defensively. In a word, unprepared...Again.

The top defense in the country doesn't fold in the 1st half of a football game.

The top defense in the country doesn't fold in the 1st half of a football game.

Our D is not even top in the SEC...Florida's D prior to the game was statistically better than ours in several categories. Look it up. We have a good D but it's not elite, yet...All those senior linebackers we lost (Lewis, Bryant, Shackelford) is noticeable at this point, in my opinion.

Our D is not even top in the SEC...Florida's D prior to the game was statistically better than ours in several categories. Look it up. We have a good D but it's not elite, yet...All those senior linebackers we lost (Lewis, Bryant, Shackelford) is noticeable at this point, in my opinion.
They ran away from Kmedichie all night and exposed some things in our back 7. Conner was really missed. We were out of position on some of there crossing routes and other times we were there and just didn't make a play. We need Conner back asap.

I was in the Swamp and it was very loud. That along with our attrocious oline play killed us. I thought we missed the boat by not forcing the ball to Treadwell, who was not covered by Hargraves most of the night. We threw the ball deep one time and it should've been 5 or 6 times. That would've given us some breathing room from that Dline.
Treadwell is too good to not be used more. That's on the coaches.
Year 4 and we still can't run the football consistently between the tackles. Don't tell me that's not what we do because we run the exact same offense as Auburn and that is there bread and butter, when they are going right. I think it equally on Luke and the Oline. Before this game I thought it was all Luke but after watching up close, our players must do a better job. Tunsil makes up for a lot of our oline problems.

Being big-headed .... arrogant ... and the fans confirm it to the players to me is the biggest problem. I don't think any of Vaughts teams had that problem. Instead of acting like "Zulus" before/during the game ... how about coming out with a cool, grim, determined, strong-willed concentration to kill the other team without all the BS Zulu crap. You NEVER EVER underestimate an opponent. If anyone has ever been in "brawls", you would know this ... cool heads prevail!

Being big-headed .... arrogant ... and the fans confirm it to the players to me is the biggest problem. I don't think any of Vaughts teams had that problem. Instead of acting like "Zulus" before/during the game ... how about coming out with a cool, grim, determined, strong-willed concentration to kill the other team without all the BS Zulu crap. You NEVER EVER underestimate an opponent. If anyone has ever been in "brawls", you would know this ... cool heads prevail!

Acting like "ZULUs"? That's funny & true. [jumpingsmile] Let's approach each game like a corporate buyout: ruthless...heartless...
Kill kill kill!
:uzi::eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT