ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Bramlett quotes

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
These are media pool quotes. No idea who did the interview.

On the moment/how he found out he’d been drafted:

I was actually having lunch a Chili’s with one of my longtime buddies I hadn’t seen in a while. As I’m sitting down, Kelcey Mucker with the Oakland A’s called me and said, ‘Hey, congratulations we just took you in the 22ndround. I was like, ‘What? That’s awesome.’ I told them thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I was… blown away.

On who reached out afterwards:

The first person I called was my dad after I got off the phone with Kelcey and he was pumped. He’s at work right now. I told him, ‘Hey, I just got drafted.’ And he was like, ‘What?’ He was so pumped, so pumped.

Put the feeling into words:

It was a surreal moment. My dream since I was a little boy has been to pitch in the major leagues. To get my name called today, it’s just a dream come true.

How much he knows/knew about the A’s going into the draft:

You know, I didn’t know much about them. I didn’t know they were that interested in me until these past few days. But it’s an honor to be drafted by the A’s.

On where he was drafted, was it where he expected to be picked?

I really didn’t have an idea on where I could go. This past season for me was all about staying healthy and keeping my arm and body right. I really never got the chance to sit down and comprehend what would happen in the draft.

Thoughts on season… exceed your own expectations coming off the injury?

Coming into this year, my goal was to remain healthy and stay strong. I wouldn’t say I exceeded my own expectations because I set my own expectations very high. But I am proud of how I threw this year, and how our team played this season compared to how people thought we would have done.

Did A’s talk about what’s next/their plans for him?

No, they told me they’d call me either later this evening or tomorrow to talk about the draft.

On decision, leaning one way or the other?

That’s something I’ll sit down and discuss with my family. They haven’t made me an offer yet. And I love Ole Miss. I have great things going on with Ole Miss. I love Coach Bianco and the program he runs. I would hate to leave, but it’s just something I have to discuss with my family whenever the time comes.

Am I wrong, or would it take a lot – as in a large offer – to pry you away from Ole Miss considering the injury and how seriously you take academics?

I never had time to sit down and think about what would happen when the draft came around. People are always saying and asking, you know, what’s your number? I don’t have a number in mind. I don’t know what’s going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.