ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Kelly-chances he'll make it to the NFL

Reblarry

Two-Star Prospect
May 4, 2005
Panama City, FL
I get so damned tired of criticism about Chad and his alleged attitude from pro scouts. This guy has the ability to make it to the big level. He has learned from Coach Freeze, and his uncle Jim, that the NFL doesn't tolerate BS. A diamond in the rough? I think so.

I get so damned tired of criticism about Chad and his alleged attitude from pro scouts. This guy has the ability to make it to the big level. He has learned from Coach Freeze, and his uncle Jim, that the NFL doesn't tolerate BS. A diamond in the rough? I think so.
With Johnny Manziel still fresh on the NFL owner's minds it's gonna be hard for a "problem child" like Chad to get drafted.

With Johnny Manziel still fresh on the NFL owner's minds it's gonna be hard for a "problem child" like Chad to get drafted.
Before his injury he was trending at 2nd to 3rd round pick. The injury may drop him out of the draft but he will make a squad as a FA and possibly be a starter if 4 years if he stays out of trouble.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
I dk who jumped his case after his injury but they've been piling on like flies on a dung heap. The kid has the physical attributes as well as mental. He's all about the game and he has competitive instinct. I'm going to enjoy watching him move back up in favor. The pundits will regret following the BS PR on him.

Reactions: Beatlesreb
Chad's behavior is small potatoes compared to Manziel. What did the guy really do? Run out on a football field in protest, get drunk and act stupid. Hell, many guys do that. It's not like he whipped up on his girlfriend a la Simmons of MSU, or shot someone. And he went to Haiti to build houses, and listened to Coach Freeze. Correct me if I'm wrong. Talk about a growing up experience! Anyone know how serious his injury is?

Chad's behavior is small potatoes compared to Manziel. What did the guy really do? Run out on a football field in protest, get drunk and act stupid. Hell, many guys do that. It's not like he whipped up on his girlfriend a la Simmons of MSU, or shot someone. And he went to Haiti to build houses, and listened to Coach Freeze. Correct me if I'm wrong. Talk about a growing up experience! Anyone know how serious his injury is?
His initial injury was a torn ACL the last was tendons and cartilage in the wrist. He has had both repaired but i very seriously doubt he gets drafted. When you have to have your throwing wrist cut on and repaired there isn't going to be a lot of NFL teams use a draft pick on you.

He did threaten to shoot people, can't do that. Trying to fight children on a football field does not help either.

Last edited:
He did threaten to shoot people, can't do that. Trying to fight children on a football field does not help either.
Right, you pull that kind of stuff, no one will consider you. I agree with you. I'd like to see the police reports on both matters. But rest assured, I bet the guy is a diamond in the rough and reformed. Just an observation about past QBs in their last year from OM who had professional abilities. Seems that something always happens to them. Kent Austin gets hurt, Fourcade couldn't win in the clutch and had an attitude, Bo Wallace's senior year marred by inconsistencies but showed he could play in prior years, Jevan Snead loses interest in football during his senior year, according to his HS coach, and Archie breaks his arm, and now Kelly! That leaves Spurlock and Eli who played in the NFL-Spurlock as a kick returner of all things. A curse?

His initial injury was a torn ACL the last was tendons and cartilage in the wrist. He has had both repaired but i very seriously doubt he gets drafted. When you have to have your throwing wrist cut on and repaired there isn't going to be a lot of NFL teams use a draft pick on you.
Probably not drafted, but a FA is certainly possible. The guy has it. I think he will impress someone.

Chad was drafted by the broncos and probably start for. Them if he stays healthy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT